Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We’re waiting to see what Covid measures are being announced later this evening....we’re in a low Covid department ( like a county) but we’re close to the boundary of a department where it’s pretty high - and that’s where our GP surgery is.

On a brighter note....
    We’ve decided to buy a small old van and tear it apart and rebuild the interior as a camper van.
    Yup - we’ve loads of other things needing doing with our house and garden but it’ll be a lifeline for visiting our family in the UK next year without needing to rent accommodation which may be a risk to us. We can get the tunnel so don’t need to get out...
    but it won’t be ready until late Spring from past experience of our diy !
    It’s fun doing the research tbh and feels very positive.

Anyone got a camper van??? .....any tips on what you think are musts and deffo don’ts ???
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ^How big is it inside? That will rather determine what you can fit in.

We went travelling for a year in a stretched Range Rover that had been an ambulance in the Yorkshire Moors. Sounds very grand but it was a bargain as nobody wanted it. Mr Snoop fitted it out. Extremely small as a roving home but we just about managed. Oh to be young again... Anyway, am very intrigued by your project. Sounds like a great idea.

Comment

• Good evening all.
        Sorry to hear your news about your mam Nicos.
        On a positive note, what a great project and something to look forward to.
        My hubby gas a project ad well, he is rebuilding a train set from scratch in our attic.
        He had it running for years for our grandkids but packed it up because we thought the grandkids were finished.
        Now we have two year old grandson and my hubby has a project that will be a lifeline for him with the lockdown and the winter.
        We all certainly need something to do and look forward to in these uncertain times.
        Have a good evening all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening, cold here, fire lit, we had a dusting of snow on the hills, might go up there to get some pictures tomorrow(yes I know I am mad rolling around in the snow trying to get pictures of Hares and Ptarmigan).

Comment

• Good evening, thinking of you Nicos. On a lighter note thin plywood and cans of expanding foam works wonders in a van​​​​​​, Snoop, even us younger folk sometimes struggle in small vans so your age might have nothing to do with it​​​​​​, I didn't go for seaweed today as it stayed dry all day and OH even got her washing out, I started filling my raised bed this morning and it gave a great opportunity to clear away a lot of material as I put a good number of bramble cuttings into it and emptied my compost bins and once it settles down I will empty my garage of a lot of cardboard, which might stop my neighbour from trying to get me into trouble about the state of my garage and before you think bad about him he is a very good friend, he knows OH likes everything nice and tidy, but that incase you don't know is not my​​​​​ style ​​​​​​
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• No snow here yet, but a bit of everything else: wind, rain and sun. It was a quite boring day. I think I need a "project". The camper van sounds great Nicos.

Comment

• Good Morning All Haircut today. Cold again. Hi ho. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning.
                  Good luck with the camper Nicos. Brings back memories of the two I had when I was younger. I had a massive Commer Caravette which cost me 30 squid as a non runner. One week later, after changing the clutch and adding a scaffold tube exhaust we headed off to the Isle of Skye for a holiday. Came back and sold it for 80 squid.
                  Second one was a Bedford CF which clocked up quite a few miles as well.

Garden tidy up today if the rain stops away which is highly unlikely. Oherwise its back to being a domestic God.
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all, so sorry to hear your news Nicos, hugs to you and your family!

The weather today sounds awful...I’m still in bed!! I know, I know!! Need to get up as shopping delivery is arriving between 10 and 11.

Hope you all have a lovely day, whatever the weather!! x
                    sigpic

Comment

• Still in bed at this time, folks are up and have a day's work done by now, not me though as I have just up and waiting on the kettle boiling, right need to go have my first cuppa, by the way Jay stay where you are for a time it's raining
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning shopping first then not sure after that but I know it wont be anything in the garden its to wet out.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

lots of splashy stuff going on here.

The van/ people carrier is a Toyota Hiace with a long wheelbase so we won’t be able to stand up in it.
                          We’ve seen a couple of vans on t’internet done up in a very rustic way so we’re thinking of bouncing off what they have done.
                          I understand insulation against cold and heat and prevention of condensation are important things to address

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all. Blue, chilly, quite still out there. Due to stay the same till Tuesday next week, apparently, when temps will fall.

Will mention your project to Mr Snoop, Nicos. Later, mind, as if I do it now that'll be the rest of the day gone. We were lucky in that we didn't have to worry about insulation as all of that had been taken care of with conversion to ambulance.

Busy day here today. Lost a day this week - I was convinced yesterday was Tuesday - so got a fair bit to catch up on.

Catch you all later. Have a good one meanwhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              Mornin n’alln’all

lots of splashy stuff going on here.

The van/ people carrier is a Toyota Hiace with a long wheelbase so we won’t be able to stand up in it.
                              We’ve seen a couple of vans on t’internet done up in a very rustic way so we’re thinking of bouncing off what they have done.
                              I understand insulation against cold and heat and prevention of condensation are important things to address
                              Having been awakened by drops of condensation dripping on my face in the past (boat not campervan but similar problems) I would agree that insulation and airflow are important. If the van is small another good idea would be some kind of awning to attach when parked to give covered outdoor space.
                              I would imagine that a lot of what you do will depend on what you consider an acceptable level of comfort and your budget.
                              When I was younger I thought nothing of throwing a tiny tent, coolbox, map, my husband and not much else in the car and setting off across the channel or on another occasion a mattress in the back of a transit van. I couldn't do it now (struggle to get up from ground level among other problems.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                Gale force winds and rain happening here.
                                Flo, I am due a haircut but Barbers and hairdressers are all closed.
                                My next appointment is not until Decembef 17 so I will probably look like a shaggy dog by then.
                                Nothing for it but to tackle the domestics today.
                                Have a good one and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...