This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n'alln'all

GF - we grow lambs lettuce throughout winter -have a try if you've never grown it before!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
      Its dry and bright but blowing a gale.
      No plans just yet.
      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I will definitely have a go with lambs lettuce. I think I tried it once years ago and gave up as it didn't germinate.
        As for the mobile phone the old lady who wants a new one lost her temper with the last one (more than once). Having to buy a new one might teach her to treat them better.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
          What type of lettuce do you plant at this time of the year please? Are they seed or plugs? Do they withstand frost? I really fancy a Winter supply of lettuce.?
          greenishfing I sow ‘All year round ‘ and ‘Arctic king’ late August into newspapers pots they are supposed to be hardy enough to be left outdoors but I plant them in the GH border. You just need to take a leaf or 2 from the plants and they’ll keep going till spring.
          I do sow do the usual types of lettuce but they need to be fleeced/ cloched even in the GH.

Hope this helps.
          Last edited by Bren In Pots; 26-10-2020, 12:41 PM.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

greenishfing I sow ‘All year round ‘ and ‘Arctic king’ late August into newspapers pots they are supposed to be hardy enough to be left outdoors but I plant them in the GH border. You just need to take a leaf or 2 from the plants and they’ll keep going till spring.
            I do sow do the usual types of lettuce but they need to be fleeced/ cloched even in the GH.

Hope this helps.
            Yes, definitely. Thanks.

It keeps giving heavy showers here today with the odd ten minutes of sunshine in between. I have made the lemon curd and been and bought a phone for the elderly relative which is charging now. Tomorrow I'll set it up for her. No gardenning done due to the weather. Tomorrow's weather forecast (guess) is pretty much identical to today's so it doesn't look promising. Roll on Spring!!

Comment

• Evening All Manic working from home today. Raining here all day and dark already. See you tomorrow, stay safe
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good evening all.
                Got an opportunity to meet up with my little grandson this afternoon.
                He is two and three months now.
                Spent time kicking a ball around with him and dropping stones in a little stream.
                We havnt been able to meet up with him for several weeks so it was really special.
                Had a nice walk in the park and well.
                The weather stayed dry so we were lucky.
                Have a good evening all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all, we had a nice walk down to the beach looking for agates, then after lunch I got the grass cut just as the rain started, glad that job is done, next job will be to service the mower and sharpen the blade.

Comment

• ^Did you find any, Burnie? What do you do with them? Do you keep your prized specimens as they are? I'm fascinated. I love agate.

Morning all.

Cloudy and a bit chilly here today. Due to get cloudier later.

So, the region of Spain where I live now has 'perimeter restrictions'. No going in or out of the region but you can travel around inside its borders, bars where you can sit out are still open (no service allowed indoors), all the others are closed, shops and so on are supposed to be restricting numbers of customers. We've been a bit caught out: from the description of the changes, we thought they came into effect at midnight tonight but no, it was midnight last night. Mr Snoop had planned to go to the shops in the neighbouring region today but no go now. Restrictions in place till 9 November but extendable to 9 May. The hens we get from our local agricultural co-op come from the neighbouring region. So I don't think we'll be able to get more in a hurry. On the bright side, local councils are already coming up with the idea of issuing special permits to allow the three kings permission to travel wherever they want to ensure that presents are duly delivered for Epiphany (the big present day here, not Christmas). So that's all right. Oh, the tooth mouse (not fairy), known as Ratoncito Pérez (Little Mouse Pérez), will also be granted permission to travel wherever he's needed.

Anyway, on with the show for the day. Hope you all have a lovely day.

Comment

• Morning more rain today so i won't be doing much in the garden, just need to go for some fine oatmeal to make my oatcakes.

Hope you get your shopping ok Snoop xx

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning and it's a wet and very breezy day here.
                        It looks like it will be domestics for me today,
                        There is plenty to be getting on with but I like the outdoors.
                        Hopefully it will clear up by the afternoon.

Snoop, I know the feeling, we are only allowed to go 5 kilometers from home.
                        Everywhere is closed up except supermarkets and pharmacies.

However, on with the show and have a good day,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. Drizzly here but windy too. Just got back from a walk round the field footpaths as I'm quite happy walking in the rain, and didn't see a soul till I got back to the village again.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                            ^Did you find any, Burnie? What do you do with them? Do you keep your prized specimens as they are? I'm fascinated. I love agate.

We do find small ones, SWMBO is the collector and they are scattered all over the house and garden, we don't cut them or polish them just keep them as they are, we get a few with the striations, but not many.

Comment

• Just for once the weather forecast was right and it has been horrible here today.
                              I've set up the elderly relative's new phone and connected it to her wi-fi. I'm happy she can text, check her emails, browse the internet, order her prescriptions and I've locked the icons on her home screen in place so she can't "lose" them.

Comment

• Good afternoon, managed to get the dog out this morning before the rain got too heavy,but its been heavy all day since so no work done outside and just having a lazy day,will need to go out and fill the bird feeders as the are darting about and I think they will be emptied by the time they are finished, plus the birds are on the go long before I get up in the morning starting to get dark tho I think that's because it so overcast, I just hope its not going to be a long wet winter
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X