Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible, Nicos. I saw a pine marten relatively nearby last year. Could be that. Also possibly a genet. The first one that died could have been bitten - she had a strange swelling on her neck. The one that died in the night didn't seem great yesterday morning although she seemed to recover in the afternoon. I don't think a marten or genet would have got her in the night as she was furthest from the coop door. The dogs won't tolerate a fox anywhere close, so not that.

The sole survivor is looking very mopey. There's a market on Wednesdays relatively nearby. If she survives till then, we'll take it she's OK and get her some companions.

Comment

• Afternoon all,another pleasant day weatherwise,sorry about your girls Snoop,it is sad when they go,you miss them chatting away when they see you,got the nose wire and elastic,very happy with them,have MR and a friend 0ne,the nose wire is great in the fabric,is so much firmer than the blue things,fits over the nose and bit of the face,very comfy,elastic is much better than the knicker type,and no steam on glasses,it works out aprox 11p without fabric for 1 mask,plus they come through the letter box,so no waiting in,STAY SAFE all.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• ^Brilliant, LD. They are a ridiculous price to buy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
          Possible, Nicos. I saw a pine marten relatively nearby last year. Could be that. Also possibly a genet. The first one that died could have been bitten - she had a strange swelling on her neck. The one that died in the night didn't seem great yesterday morning although she seemed to recover in the afternoon. I don't think a marten or genet would have got her in the night as she was furthest from the coop door. The dogs won't tolerate a fox anywhere close, so not that.

The sole survivor is looking very mopey. There's a market on Wednesdays relatively nearby. If she survives till then, we'll take it she's OK and get her some companions.
          Is it possible to move where the chooks are, just to remove any possibility of disease and also if it is a predator, to confuse them for a bit?

Comment

• Got a couple of rubble bags filled and a side and end up today so finaly seeing some light at the end of the tunnel now, another couple of dry days and I will have the raised bed about finished, now need to go and inspect the inside of my eyelids, there must be something sticking to them I can feel them getting a bit heavy
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon All Sorry about the chickens Snoop. Forgot my Smartcard to access all systems but managed to work at home just! Have to go in to the office tomorrow to get it so see you early tomorrow Enjoy the rest of your day and stay safe
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post

Is it possible to move where the chooks are, just to remove any possibility of disease and also if it is a predator, to confuse them for a bit?
                Yes, we've thought about that and it is possible. We were going to do it in the spring after some landworks. Problem is we can't do it right now even as a temporary move. Was thinking earlier of bringing her indoors as a possibility just for now. It's been drizzling on and off and she's been out looking for the other two, so she's soaking wet. She's going to be cold on her own in the coop.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                  It was a lovely sunny day here so did some laundry.
                  Spent the day walking and working in the garden.

Snoop, so sorry to hear about the demise of your hens.
                  Hope the other one survives for you.
                  We have also restocked our freezer and other groceries.
                  Stay safe all and have a good evening.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Awww...poor thing Snoop.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I'm feeling really sorry for the lonely hen. I hope she survives and you work out what's happened.
                      I am pleased to say I now have a much happier relative who can hear again and whose hearing aids aren't whistling.

Comment

• Very sad to say the last one has died too. She seemed physically well when I put her away for the night. Had something to eat and drink. Tucked herself away. Mr Snoop thinks disease more likely than anything else. So, we'll have none for a bit and then get some more and put them somewhere else. Meanwhile, can we buy eggs in boxes of six even though they're more expensive. That way we get a 'free' box. He loves giving eggs to people.

In less horrible news, off to do a big shop this morning. I'll be glad to get away from the computer for a bit.

Hope you all have a lovely day. Good luck today, FF.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday going into work but only for a minute! Much colder. Have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon’all
                            keep safe there
                            My mom is in a rehab unit attached to a large teaching hospital in a Tier 3 area...such a concern for not just the patients but staff too.

Darn- poor Snoop’s chooks- how weird is that!

I’m not quite sure what today will bring but I’ve a large list to choose from . I think we’ll be doing colour patches on the wall to see how much tint to add to the marble and lime mix...a bit of a fiddle working out volume , weight, % ratios etc....

Whatever I do I’m sure it will involve feeling hungry as I’ve set a minimum weight loss target for this coming Monday and I’ve snook in a few ‘ very much not diet food’ over the past few days.
                            I have a ‘diet buddy ‘ who is in contact once a week and looking back It’s a bit embarrassing on my excuses why I didn’t lose the planned weight....so..I’m taking full ownership/ responsibility this week .
                            Darn Flo - I really thought it was Thursday today....that’s one less day to hit my Monday target weight!,,
                            Last edited by Nicos; 23-10-2020, 05:01 AM.

Comment

• I’ve just realised... the clocks go back this weekend don’t they?

Comment

• Morning it was a cool 3.6c in my GH overnight oddly no frost or ice in the garden, my nasturtiums are looking a bit sad soon be time to pull them out.

Nicos yep its this weekend for clocks
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X