This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    We had the rain overnight so its bright and breezy now.
    Sorry to hear about your relative Greenishfing but like Snoop said, could be a urinary infection.
    Hope all have a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

we’re forecast 2C tonight so are about to bring in all the veggies not frost resistant. I’ve not checked them for a while so hopefully there might be a few pleasant surprises after all this rain.

The lettuce will be fleeced.

GF
      that exactly what happened to my mom...UTI tracking up to her kidneys. It’s the second time it has got that bad. Purely down to not drinking enough sadly. As they say - you can lead a horse to water.....Sadly She just forgets.
      it took her 5 weeks to get over the last one And never fully recovered.

Not heard from the central heating company so I imagine it’ll be tomorrow now.

Last night I looked out of the window as it was getting dark and felt the first thrill of the ‘comfort’ of dark winter nights in a cosy house.
      ( that’s if they ever get Around to fixing the central heating for us!!!!)
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon we’ve not had it that cold here yet Nicos think lowest was 3.3c luckily I’d been out with the fleece, hope your
        crops do ok.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon all,was lovely this morning,now all wet,fairy came and did some garden work,slowly looking better and better,needs doing regardless,
          Hope your heating gets sorted before the winter Nicos,hope your relative gets sorted GF,stay safe and Bgood2yourselves everyone,those that are working don't work to hard
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Prevening All Been a busy day. Drizzly all day. Enjoy what's left of it
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good evening all.
              It was a lovely day here.
              Got two lots of laundry out and dried.
              Had an hours walk in the park.
              Spent the rest of the afternoon deseeding chillis and chopping up my squash to make soup.
              All simmering away and will be going in the freezer later.
              Have a good evening all and stay safe.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all, well it tipped it down, so as we had been in all weekend we went for a ride in the car over the hills to Aboyne, back through Banchory, Stonehaven and then home via Montrose. Didn't get out of the car, saw some wildlife and it did stop raining, so nice to see the scenery, the Heathers finished for the year,anyone fancy doing a bit of dead heading, couple of hundred square miles of it lol. Goodnight and sleep tight.

Comment

• Morning I'm bread baking and setting up the dehydrating this morning not sure after that will probably be in the GH weeding and picking toms.

What pies did you make Snadger?

Comment

• Good morning.
                    Nicos, I have kidney stones and was getting infection after infection because of them. I set myself a task (and its not easy) of drinking at least 2 to 21/2 litres of water a day and have not had a major flare up since.The hospital keep putting back my appointment each month because of Coronavirus so its all I can do to stay relatively healthy.

Bren, the pies I made were corned beef,onion and potato which OH loves
                    A first for me was cheese,onion and potato.
                    I didn't realise a cheese pie was so complicated to make with boiling and adding ingredients at differing times and the small amount of Cayenne pepper lifted the taste but was a bit too spicy for OH. I also made a mixed fruit crumble using strawberries,blackberries, gooseberies and blueberries.

No pie making today though ,but once I have flour on the bench I like to make a few so I only need to tidy up once.

Looks dour out there today but have to go out to collect OH's prescription so may do a bit of shopping while I am out.

See ya'll later.
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Snadge that's what I do once I have the flour out, I'm making bread rolls, scones and after spotting lots of raspberries I'm making a crumble. Might as well while the ovens on.

Sounds like you're getting the hang of pie making isn't it good to know what in them rather than opening a packet.

Comment

• Do you know, I hardly ever make pies. I can't even remember the last time I made one. I should think about remedying that. Has anyone got a good one for beginners? Can't get corned beef here, in case that would be your suggestion. In fact now I come to think of it, can't buy any meat in tins that I've seen. Jars of German sausages, yes, but I don't much like them. The texture is all wrong, somehow.

Anyway, bright blue and extremely breezy today. Not too bad if you're out the wind and in the sun. Otherwise, not terribly comfortable.

Mr Snoop has gone off to get supplies and a couple of bottles of gas. I've got loads of work to get through, but just about keeping all clients happy. So that's good. Bank manager should start being a bit happier with me in... ooh... five weeks or so. Anyway, all good this end. Hope you're all doing well.

Catch you later. Have a good one.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          Another bright and sunny morning although its breezy.
                          Off out walking while it's still nice.
                          Maybe something gardening related this afternoon.
                          Have a good day all and stay safe.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, chilly and dull this morning. Forgot to open the bedroom window last night so covered in condensation this morning...hate that!
                            Did a 5 mile walk yesterday so was quite pleased with myself although legs did hurt later on when trying to get off the couch!!
                            Hope you are all well. Not been on for a couple of days so off for a catch up! Stay safe and have a great day. x
                            sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon just popped on to say hello, having a quick cuppa then back out to the garden while it's dry, will do a catchup later, but hope you are all well and behaving yourselves, I, as you would expect am on my best behaviour ​​​​​​, so apologies to anyone if I have missed anything important to you, right need to go again, as some will know, a man's work is never done.

Especially if a wife is watching
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                                Snadge that's what I do once I have the flour out, I'm making bread rolls, scones and after spotting lots of raspberries I'm making a crumble. Might as well while the ovens on.

Sounds like you're getting the hang of pie making isn't it good to know what in them rather than opening a packet.
                                Still get the occasional 'soggy bottom' Bren but all in all the pies are OK. Tried baking the bottom blind but didn't seem to make much difference.
                                Just purchased a book called 'MINCE' from the charity shop with "100 fabulously Frugal recipes" Looking forward to trying some of those out. There's a section called "Humble pies" which I am looking forward to exploring.
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X