This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin Flon'all

Looks like a lovely weekend weatherwise ahead for us!
    I've just noticed the first birds are singing....they are definately starting later.

Anyone fancy a brew?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning it feels like summer is back and not a sign of autumn, chutney making today some gardening and walking.
      Enjoy your day
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. Autumn is in the air methinks.
        Did I blink and miss summer?

Never mind, crops have been good this year, so shouldn't complain.

TTFN
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all.

The windowbox ad people will think I'm mad keen on owning their products. Must have opened the ad about ten times already this morning. Even clicking on Post Reply earlier set it off. Feels like a backward step.

Anyway, weird weather here today. Feels autumnal but it's hot. Very strange. Perhaps I'm all discombobulated by falling out of bed in in the night, or rather, being turfed out by a cat. Hard to believe but true.

Very busy day ahead. Catch you all later. Have a good one meanwhile.

Comment

• Morning(just) wild wet and windy out there, not that warm either, it was 6.8 in the greenhouse over night, still getting cukes,tommies and strawberries, but it is definitely slowing down. The squashes are growing well, getting more flowers, just hope there's enough heat left in the sun to get them grow to a reasonable size, just picked some Friggitelli peppers, not grown these before, they're in todays soup, here's hoping we like them lol.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

nice start to the day with promise of a warm and sunny week ahead!

Anyone got any Interesting plans for the weekend?
              We are doing more diy today - I need to repaint a bookcase and then hopefully cut the back field.
              We were going to have a bbq tonight but might wait until tomorrow instead as there is a lot of stew left from last nIght and I don’t really have room to freeze it.
              Goodness knows where I’ll put all the windfall apples I need to cook down

Whatever you do - enjoy your weekend peeps

See ya later!
              Last edited by Nicos; 12-09-2020, 06:50 AM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning it looks like we've had a fair bit of overnight rain garden feels fresh

We're having a bumper apple harvest Nicos given lots away but theres still more to process I've froze, juiced, dehydrated, made chutneys, jams and crumbles. Can't think of much more to do with them.

Have a good day everyone
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Goodness, you guys are going great guns at preserving everything. Mr Snoop spotted an article in the Guardian or on the Beeb about how there was a shortage of preserving jars in the States. I have nothing to preserve this year but was going to start next year. But if jars are going to run short, then maybe I should buy some in. Ten percent off offer on one of the websites here and I already have a 16-quart canner that a friend bought back from the States for me.

Any recommendations on jar sizes based on your experience? I'm going to buy the Weck style (glass lids with a rubber gasket, held in place by metal clips in the canner but the clips are removed for storage). There are two of us, but I'd bottle fruit for crumbles and other puds in winter, soups and veg. I don't make jams but I might start making chutneys.

Comment

• Morning everyone else.

Got a loaf in the oven, so that's today's main achievement, I suspect. Proved in the fridge overnight in case anyone was wondering what time I got up.

Anyone seen Mr Bones recently?

Oh, and the ad seems to have disappeared. No idea how these things will be resolved, as ads are essential but a bit daft if they put users off.

Have a lovely day everyone, catch you later.

Comment

• Morning all, we have bright and breezy, had a power cut earlier, so going round re-setting clocks was the first job, the oven won't work unless the clock is set, no I don't know why either, technology for the sake of it I think, must get on and make the most of the nice day, take care all.

Comment

• Morning all. Clear blue sky, just a bit of hazy cloud. Perfect late summer/early autumn day.

I cleaned the insides of all the windows this morning. I have never seen any of my neighbours cleaning the insides of their windows. Either they never do it, or else do it in the dead of night. Do you clean yours? I do mine about once every 2 months. It's surprising how dusty they get.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all, not the best morning weather wise, lots of the wet stuff!
                          I clean the insides of my windows when I remember!! I always mean to do them when the window cleaner does the outside but invariably I forget!! Guess what I might do today?
                          Hope everyone is well, enjoy your day!! x
                          sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Bright and breezy here. I too have a bumper harvest of apples, but a lot of them have insect damage so really only fit to be cooked. Batch of pastry to be made today along with lots more jobs so better get on. Have a good day All
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I try to avoid cleaning windows as they usually end up looking worse than when I started. Streaky to say the least! I have tried every method known to man I think. Cloths, squidgees, washleather, newspaper, soap and water, vinegar, windolene, spray cleaner, etc. I'm just hopeless.
                              Already been to the surgery for flu injection this morning. Queueing across the car park in the rain (not forecast of course) with a moaning husband. We were going to the allotment early......until rain stopped play... hopefully it will dry up soon.

Comment

• Afternoon all,we got lovely warm sunshine,nipped lottie,picked some parsnips,2 sorts of cabbage,a few spuds,and a few dried bean pods,some freezer prep coming up,got 2 very large heads of romanescoe from the farm shop yesterday,had some last night with home made fish in white sauce pie,even MR kept showing thumbs up,and remarked how tasty,plus he actually ate it all ,would like to do more ready dinners,need to get of me ace and start,will be an advantage later on,got to look into IF cabbage can be frozen succesfuy,no viewings yet,hoping to have a viewing over brum next week,have a good day and Bgood2yourselves,stay safe.
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X