Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HI been a nice day what i seen of it,flaked out in my chair this afternoon,got his nibs out anyway
    Did not know you could get a winter honey suckle,do they grow and spread like the regular ones,or stay a controlable bush,in a large pot,
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening!

I used to have a winter flowering honeysuckle intertwining with a normal one and winter flowering jasmine.

I don't know if there are several varieties of winter honeysuckle but mine was mostly leaves with small scentless flowers.
      it helped cover up the 8' fence a treat!
      Last edited by Nicos; 12-11-2020, 05:56 PM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Black Friday Fine and mild. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all

It should put a grin on your face Flo knowing that as soon as I type Fl my prdictive text immediately offers me Flon'all !

I wonder how many times over the years I've types that!

I was emailing about flowers for my moms funeral ( not allowed any - so they will place a rose next to her) and although a sad moment , up popped Flon'all. That made me smile - thank you x

Strange how we all interweave our lives isn't it even though we've not met.

Early start for me - we have the chimney sweep arriving in about an hour. I hope it's light enough for him to see cos he's got to push rods down from the top of the chimney! At least it's not as wet and windy as it was!
          We have to have it done annually and get a certificate because without it we have no fire insurance cover. Even if it's started in the kitchen!

first of all - a brew ...Anyone else fancy one?

Comment

• Morning Nicos, Flo and everybody.

I'll have a second brew with you Nicos.

LD, I had a winter honeysuckle for years by the front door, and trimmed it with hedge clippers twice a year just as you would with privet. I had to take it out in the end because the dozens of solitary and bumble bees around it when it flowered made some people nervous of coming to the front door!
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• ^That's a shame, mothhawk. My mum's autumn and wintering honeysuckle used to give her so much pleasure.

FF, sorry, but I'm paying no attention to your post... That's dangerous talk.

Thick fog out there today. The forecast suggests it could be an all-day thing and tomorrow too. Fingers crossed it's not. A few winters back it was foggy for weeks on end. Very odd and hopeless for anyone running a house on a solar system.

Right, I said yesterday I'd got no work for a few days but guess what? I have. Don't feel like I can say no to anything at the moment, just in case. So I'd better get on with it.

Have a good one, everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                HI been a nice day what i seen of it,flaked out in my chair this afternoon,got his nibs out anyway
                Did not know you could get a winter honey suckle,do they grow and spread like the regular ones,or stay a controlable bush,in a large pot,
                As far as I know they stay as a stand alone bush LD. I was going to plant it in a large pot but as I need to take some stuff out in the small bed next to the kitchen window, I think I will stick it in there and see how it does..
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning all,
                  Cold and bright here and no rain.
                  I had a honeysuckle and had to cut it down, it strangled everything.
                  I do have a passion flower and it is still flowering, a few new blossoms on it every day.
                  Lots to do today so must keep going.
                  Have a good day all.
                  By the way, for anybody superstitious its Friday 13th.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Friday 13th
                    no woder everything seems to be going awry for me today

Comment

• Chimney sweep has been and gone so that's one more job on the list ticked off

Comment

• Friday 13th. I'm probably more careful just because of it's reputation. I wouldn't get on a boat or plane through choice even though experience tells me that catastrophe can happen at any time.
                        I want to know why we don't have the opposite, a "lucky date".

Comment

• Morning(just), chores done now sat down with a cuppie, my old pal passed last week and we watched a filming of the service at the Crematorium on line, it was nice to witness the service but we missed not being there, sad times we live in these days. Take care all.

Comment

• Afternoon we have bright sunshine it"™s a pity its cold with it, anyway I plan to wrap up and make the most of it.
                            Enjoy your day
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Just spent a sem-pleasant hour or so bringing logs down from my distant storage area in the garden to a smaller/closer storage area on my decking near to the French doors.I say semi-pleasant because it was a job needing doing,but those rays of sunshine helped a bit.

Visit to the allotment is on the cards next, to pick up my border spade as I have some shrubs to shift around at my garden.

TTFN
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Burnie - the crematorium doing my moms funeral next week don't do live stream - but they have offered to record it and send it to me digitally.
                                There is a maximum too of 20 people...determind by the size of the building

Just mentioning this incase anyone else is in the position of not being able to attend but would like to have seen the event.
                                Last edited by Nicos; 13-11-2020, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X