Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos neither son or daughter use teapots as the just put a teabag in the cup but I prefer making the tea, with teabags, in the teapot as I like to sit and drink the pot dry
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Oooh a tea chat! I used to make tea in a pot but now I use loose tea in a little diffuser. Makes a perfect cuppa.
      Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
      Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
      https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
      Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• Good morning dry at the moment but don't know how long it will stay like that ad there are plenty of clouds overhead was talking to a neighbour a short time ago and he said his back garden was under six inches of water yesterday so I was quite pleased that I didn't have that problem, all the work of making up the soil level years ago has paid dividends right need to go out OH is rumbling about and wanting this done and that done so I am very busy outside
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          Having said that...how many people actually use fresh tea in a pot these days?
          We use Co-op loose leaf tea made in a ceramic pot always have done its the tea I drank as a kid, my Nan wouldn't have tea bags she always said they were made from the 'sweeping up's'
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
            Dull and breezy and the rain has just started.

Tea, we always use a teapot with Barry's tea bags.
            I like to let it brew and like Rary I during the lot untilmthe pot is empty.
            Years ago we used loose leaf but I prefer the tea bags.
            Whrn I am finished with them I dry them out,empty them into a can and scatter them around my plants
            Nothing goes to waste in our house,

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, well after a rather wet day yesterday it’s dry this morning...who knows for how long?!!
              Spent 3 hours in a traffic jam yesterday due to flooding, why does this country grind to a halt due to weather?!!!
              Anyhoo, hope you are all well and enjoy your day! x
              sigpic

Comment

• Just to let you know bramble you can dry your teabags off and then reuse though the down side is it might take 2 or 3 bags second time around

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Not a very productive day today, I'm afraid. But never mind. Things can only pick up! In fact, if I think about it, Mr Snoop has done everything today (before you say anything, Rary, he did it unasked, indeed, without so much as a breath of a hint) and the only useful thing I've done so far is make lunch and that wasn't exactly complicated (Mr Snoop wanted egg, bacon and muffins and I had bacon and muffins). Got baking planned for later and that's about it.

Hope you're all having lovely days.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                    Just to let you know bramble you can dry your teabags off and then reuse though the down side is it might take 2 or 3 bags second time around
                    Noooo. Plainly and simply: no. The taste wouldn't be anything like the same even if the colour was.

We use Clipper teabags (their Organic Everyday tea in green boxes) bought via Amazon. Need to buy another lot. I've just checked when we last ordered and it looks like we've got through 300 teabags in the last two months. Sounds like a lot but it's only five teabags a day between the two of us. Mind you, we get through a lot more in autumn and winter. Perhaps we should start reusing teabags after all...

Comment

• Just got back from buying chook feed from the local farmers shop.
                      They had vastly reduced red geraniums so I bought some
                      I wasn't going to this year but a bargain is a bargain eh?
                      Quite chuffed really!

OH is pleased as they had Just taken a delivery of his favourite flour so I grabbed a large bag of that. It contains broad beans flour and has a delish flavour and crust!
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon I've just switched the oven of I've baked bread rolls, trays of roasted toms and made lots of apples sauce for the freezer. Kitchen does smell good

The suns out now so I'm of into the garden.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Taste, what's taste got to do with it if the colour is OK drink up, just think of how much you could save reuseing them, then after that you could use them in the garden, it's a matter of reuse, recycle

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                            Taste, what's taste got to do with it if
                            Are you suggesting you have no taste, Rary? Even I would never have gone that far.

Comment

• With all that rain yesterday I got a leak in my conservatory roof, I did a temporary repair job on it and today as it was dry I decided to sort it, just finishing it when the rain started again but so far everything is OK but now will have to repaint the ceiling, might suggest it's left to dry for a year or two, wonder if that would be accepted and of course I got into trouble for going up a ladder, apparently there was a program on TV recently where it was stated hat people of. a certain age should not climb ladders, I really don't know why she gets so het up I am past that age so doesn't apply to me

Comment

• Afternoon all,TEA yeeeeeeeuuuuk,never have liked it,anyhoooo funny weather here,what i have seen of it,got up,got us sorted and went to sleep in the chair until 1.15 pm,still feel tried,age must be catching me up,otherwise nice and peaceful,the lawn is full of yellow dandilion type things on long stems,they do look nice,when open in the day,a blackbird comes and stamps their feet,plus other birds not seen before,can you tell i not know my birds,it is nice to see them flitting about,going to the pond,the pigeons sit on the fence and play courtship,nature ahhhhh,not seen so many magpies this year,see yar laters
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X