Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all,dull here,was trying to rain,but i welcome a bit cooler.
    Thanks snoop,i often think about Lumpy,is a good job none of us know what lurks around the corner,to jump out the blue.
    Will have to inspect drying onions again,earlier this year,there was some peeps,me included,that were late putting the early ones in,well,i was very suprised to see they done really well,so a happy body,that will be plenty to string up,i sowed 3 kg of sets,and most are good,also about 5 only with a little rot,have a good day and stay safe
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good afternoon, that is very good advice Snoop and worth remembering, LD glad your onions have done well, I have started lifting my own though as I planted them very close together there are a number of small ones in the crop but they will get used and yes Nicos, summer has returned here also, torrential rain with flooding, just the usual tipical summers day decided to take OH out shopping didn't really need to go but thought as it's heavy rain the shops would be quiet and it would let her get out for a short time just went to the one shop and it was quiet, now back home and thankfully home safely as the roads are getting flooded, so there will be no gardening today, might watch a film or whatever and depending what the whatever is I might pick that enjoy your day and keep safe
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon all, proper soggy and cold too up here, only 8 degrees in the greenhouse last night and only 15 now, but all looks ok, picked a few Gardeners Delight and Red Pear tommies to have with lunch, the lettuce won't need washing today that's for sure.

Comment

• I've just been going through my tomato plants taking out new side growths and a few of the rather sad looking lower leaves.
          My hand is black with juice and smells wonderfully of tomatoes
          Cant wait for the first one to get ripe!!!
          I bet those of you with them in greenhouses must love opening them up in the mornings and catching the first scent of them?( or dont they give off their scent until heated or touched?)
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• My greenhouse does smell a bit of tomato, but there also sweetcorn in there, the pollen is flying about just now and that has quite pungent smell/taste to it.

Comment

• Good evening still raining it has been non stop today and cool we have the central heating on, Nicos I have 18 plants with lots of tomatoes hanging on them but so far I have only pulled 2 tomatoes and that was from a black russian plant hoping to start harvesting soon I think I will need to cut back on the watering to get them to ripen, hurrah the rain has stopped I am going outside
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Well that dry spell was short, anyone like a drink of water as there us quite a lot here at the moment

Comment

• Good evening all.
                  What started out a dull day turned into a warm and breezy one and temp went up to 23 degs.
                  The temp in the greenhous went up to mid 30's this afternoon and that was with the double doors and vents openl
                  I think this has been the best year ever for my tomatoes.
                  I have started saving my flower seeds already and dont know where the time has gone.
                  Had a nice walk to the library, it's good to see some places opening up again.
                  Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening it’s been coolish with rain most of the day here, feeling more like late September than early August It’s supposed to be nicer tomorrow though.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Today didn't go to plan at all. My idea was to have a go with our new battery grass strimmer but the weather wasn't playing. It was drizzling when I got up and has carried on for most of the day. When I texted an elderly relative this morning to check how she was she said she couldn't cope with her glasses, hearing aids and face masks and kept losing her hearing aids because the masks kept pushing them off. She thought she might be better if she had masks that went round her head rather than round her ears. With an idea of altering whatever masks she had I set off to get elastic. No elastic anywhere! Sold out! Eventually I got some in an ex-pound shop. Thicker than I would have liked but it will do the job. I came home and made a prototype mask and took it for her. It seems to solve the problem. I have now made a couple more for her and a couple for us. I hope tomorrows weather improves but at least I won't have to water.

Comment

• I can sympathise with you relative greenishfing as there are problems with most face masks when you have hearing aids and glasses and it has nothing to do with age I have pulled my hearing aid out several times when removing a mask as for elastic I know where I could get some but OH has dared me try

Comment

• Good Morning All Dark here in Sheffield ​​​​ and drizzly. We have to wear masks most of the time at work. They make my glasses steam up! Have a good day All
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all

Yup...I could hear you padding around in the kitchen!

Tea is made-just another couple of minutes before it's brewed...help yourself!

Comment

• Having said that...how many people actually use fresh tea in a pot these days?
                              We mostly use teabags in pretty mugs .
                              I do have a couple of lovely China teapots and cups and saucers which come out a few times a year (usually on a wet Sunday in winter when we can't get to the allotment ) and we have 'afternoon tea'
                              . Feels very old fashioned but very homely, espesh if the woodfire is lit.
                              I've heard peeps pay quite a lot of money to have afternoon tea served on those tiered plates....Last time I did that was about 30 years ago in Chester when I took my mom out for the day.

Comment

• Morning, it's dry and bright at the moment, but I'm not sure it will last, sign of the summer we have had, both water butts full to overflowing and I've not had to top them up all summer, last year the hose pipe was used a fair bit.
                                Only gardening done yesterday was hacking back an over grown Buddleia that was blocking the satellite signal for the telly, when it gets wet it interrupts it.
                                Take care all and enjoy the day.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X