Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening all.It wasnt the best of days weather wise.
    Cool and breezy with very heavy showers this afternoon and evening.
    Did some pottering, deadheading and weeding.
    Everything seems to be going over so quickly with the wet and windy weather.
    Still hoping for some sunshine but our weather is still very unsettled.
    Have a good evening and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, got some work done then decided to split an 8foot length of telegraph pole not the easiest thing to do when all you have is a hammer, axe and bits of wood, but I did manage it and will now use the 2 sections to sit at the base of a fence to hold back some gravel, just hope I haven't decided to do something that I might struggle with though hard heavy work was never a problem now going to bed where I will sleep all night and not be up at silly o'clock like some of the older women on here seem to be
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Secret stones Nicos, how lovely It's raining here but warm. Have a good day All
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• We don't need as much beauty sleep as some of the older men rary

Comment

• Morning Flo and all.

Only 12 degrees again but reasonably bright. Yesterday was perfect temps for working.

Happy Mondays
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
              lovely day here too!

Sounds like a good job done there rary....nice bit of wedging involved I imagine?
              We went to Guedelon Castle a couple of years ago (reconstruction of a medieval castle using medieval techniques) and saw them splitting huge tree trunks using wedges...
              Bet the finished result will look lovely!

Not sure what I'll be doing today but I may spend some time in the kitchen.
              OH is strimming the ivy which covers about 1/3 of the front of the house so I'm keeping out of his way. Can't stand the smell of freshly cut ivy!

Full moon tonight...keep the noise down peeps!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                We don't need as much beauty sleep as some of the older men rary
                Flo if it was for beauty I would be sleeping all day
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Good afternoon all,bless you for missing me,i just had to retreat,on looking at the truth of what was going on,it almost looked like i was making it all up,but i promise i was not,aprox 3.5 weeks ago,i must have had a funny do,i was about to go into a room,all i remember is,my bad shoulder rammed into the door frame,and the knee on opposite side either hit the other side or the floor,it happened that quick,yet slow motion,boy was i squeeking,YESYESYES,MR slept on,i made myself get up,had some help from the fairy shopping ext,can now drive myself,is still iffy on holding a full cup to drink,and knee still keeps having hot flushes,tingles ext,but the worst is over,MR seems to be switching off more than awake,and the son/pain,i thought was easing,but we have flared up again,i feel like a lodger in our own home,and still i try to do my best,a lot i have to ignore,but cannot when it affect his dad,am expecting a call from DR any time,regards blood test after last stroke,am going to ask about help to shower him once or twice a week,as i now struggle.
                  Have had a scan over the last post's,the good humour and banter is still on going,pleased the buildings are getting done,enjoy your new outdoor kitchen Snoop,hope your as ok as possible,ref the red line around leicester,we are not in leicester,but we were included to start with,was let out in the first wave off set us free,for all the good it did,peeps still come shopping over the line without maskes,grrrr,will stay silent,have a good afternoon whats left of it,XX
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• ^Eeh, LD. So sorry to hear of all your troubles, but still lovely to hear from you. Time to get as much help as you can. No good you getting so crocked you can't help Mr LD at all. Big cyber hug, though I guess better not be too big a hug, otherwise it will hurt.

Bit of a late arrival. Got up early to do some things in town (post office and bank), only to discover bank won't open for hours 'for medical reasons'. So Mr Snoop suggests we go and visit a largish town nearby with a sizeable supermarket. Clearly early on a Monday morning is the time when half the local populace has the same idea. Anyway, Mr Snoop very twitchy by the time we get out.

Am about to go off for a nap now to recover from the stress! Catch you later, maybe. If not, see you in the morning.

Comment

• DR just rang,bloods all fine,but wants to see us on thursday,about a care plan,in the mean time,for me to ring social care,dr said what you did hahaha about me,by the way snoop,just remembered seeing about your mom,pleased you are having a bit off peace of mind,thanks for hugs,just have to become stronger again,life is sooooooooooooooup in the air just now,on a good note,son got all the onion sets up and delivered them home,they are drying out nicely,why cannot he be so good more often.
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• So happy to see you Lottie and sorry about your troubles. The Good Fairy must be on her way to you soon. Hope you get a good Care package up and running, it sounds as though you need it. Take great care of yourself too

Comment

• Hi Lottie, likewise sorry to hear about your troubles but pleased to see you again
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• So good to hear from you again Lottie, I would give you a hug but feart you widny let me go

Comment

• Lovely to see you Lottie and sorry about your troubles ...
                              Dream on rary ha ha

Comment

• Good to hear from you Lottie, glad you back with us.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X