X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning we've got sunshine

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
    Only real tip for crackers Snoop is sprinkle flaked sea salt on after you've rolled them out and gently roll it into the surface. Enjoy
    Thanks MrB that will help keep the salt on the crackers

My tip is to prick the crackers with a fork its prevents them from puffing up.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Bit hot here. No rain. Due to hit top 30s again today, but could be worse: due to get hotter during the week and cloudy, no breeze to speak of. My least favourite combination.

Anyway, shouldn't be complaining. I'm down in what is still my cool basement, though even down here it's warming up a bit. No need for a cardie now.

Busyish day ahead. Not proposing to do much paid work, but it's D's last Sunday here. He was going to leave soonish, but now he's decided to leave while he still can in case it becomes difficult to get out of Spain. So we're going to have a nice evening meal.

Right, have a good day everyone. Catch you later.

Comment

• Morning, bright and breezy here today, we had a frog move into the pond yesterday, so may spend some time watching out for that lol. Have a good day all.

Comment

• Good morning, a bright and breezy day here as well.
          No plans for the day so we will take it as it comes.
          Just 14 degs at the moment, hoping it gets a little warmer.
          Enjoy your Sunday.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Tried to finish painting the corner shed, but I've run out of wood preserver, I might have to try the hardware store in Montrose and if it's not crowded make my first visit to a shop since early March!!

Comment

• ^^^ know the feeling...we go out as seldom as poss too

Why not phone them in the morning to see if they have what you want?
              maybe pay for it over the phone and ask if you can collect it from the desk?.... just a thought????

I think I'd do exceptionally well in a trolley dash shopping spree these days!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• We have been in the same situation.
                We have gone to get paint twice now but too many people queuing to get in to the shop.
                Hoping the situation may improve.
                While we are not desperate to do these painting jobs it does help to pass the time.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Here's a thought re the woodpreserver!!....We thought we didn't have enough to treat the garage (we actually have) but wondered if Screwfix sell/deliver it.
                  And yes they do!...not a massive choice but it might be an option? Frustratingly they aren't delivering to Europe at the moment but that won't affect you. Isn't it free delivery over a certain price?... my OH always finds some ' much needed ' tool to bump up the price
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning folks

Dull and spitting this morning but fairly mild at 15 degrees.

Happy Mondays
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright and hot outside. Solar system batteries are fizzing and burping away. One cat beside me and a snoring dog on the floor.

Builders arrived 6.30 am to make the most of the cool of the day. Amazed this is the first time they've done it.

Work to get through today. But definitely an afternoon nap later on.

Have a good one. Good luck with wood preserver, Burnie. I've been out four times, three for hospital visits and once to the shops. Need to go to the bank tomorrow. Not looking forward to that...

Anyway, all of today to get through first before I have to worry about that. have a good day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all.

Need to brave the shops today.

Joy!
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning we have rain lots of it at least it will top up my water butts and give the garden a good soaking.

A bit of seed sowing but that will be my gardening for today.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning, constant rain today sometimes quite heavy then a drizzle but so far no break in it hope it stops or OH will find some housework for me to do, though I have a bit of work to do in the garden that has to be done t​​ today, don't know what it is yet but will find something well enjoy your day even if it includes shopping but keep safe
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I can reccomend Screwfix's click and collect system. My local store only let 2 people in at a time separated by perspex and it was completely contactless and quick. They provided hand gel in the queue.

Comment

• I'd nearly forgotten that it could rain this heavily. I was only thinking yesterday that if we didn't get rain today I would have to water some of the allotment. The good thing is that the rest of the week is forecast to be dry and warm. My water butts will be overflowing!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X