Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went down to the allotment. It was 27°C according to my phone which also said 3% chance of rain. Just as we got there there was a crash of thunder and the heavens opened. It didn't last long but it was really heavy. A neighbour gave me a lovely looking cauliflower and I picked some strawberries. I have come home into the shade now. I might brave the supermarket later.

Comment

• Thanks, Nicos. Oddly, even though there are recipes for Ajo Blanco that include it, I've never seen it locally, and there are only two products on Amazon.es, both surprisingly expensive once you factor in delivery. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Comment

• gf....Rain?...rain?????...stop showing off

you couldnt possibly send an hour or so's worth this way could you????

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          gf....Rain?...rain?????...stop showing off

you couldnt possibly send an hour or so's worth this way could you????
          It only lasted 15 minutes or so and it didn't clear the air at all. 29°C and muggy now.

Comment

• Afternoon we’ve also had a couple of quick rain showers no thunder though the rain only lasted 5 mins at the most and dried as soon as it hit the ground.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Not allowed to do much today as I have been band from working in the garden, I had been out emptying the rubbish and recycling bin that we have in the kitchen and coming back in my slipper caught under the slab on the bottom step and down I went have a very badly bruised arm and knee and also a finger that has been cut to the bone with me putting my hand out to protect my face my hand then slid down the roughcast cutting my quite badly though my main concern is my knee as I don't want to land in hospital to get it sorted, will see how it goes once the swelling goes down, well enjoy your day keep safe and smile even with a mask your eyes will pass it on
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• That sounds awful, Rary. If you're worried about Covid, workplaces and parties are the worst places for spreading the disease. Get yourself to hospital early if you suspect it might be necessary, don't wait. Your finger sounds bad enough to warrant attention on its own, let alone your knee.

Comment

• Thanks Snoop if it's workplace and parties that's bad I should be OK as I don't work and OH won't let me party I actually feel fine now as we had the youngest 2 boys down and they take your mind of things, what's more annoying is it was my turn to be boss of the house, OH was out with our daughter at the time and anyway its raining heavy here now so wouldn't have been going out anyway ​​​​​ though it makes my stomach turn when I think on it, but we've had a hot shower and things feel much better
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning another hot day here GH overnight temp was 17.8c so the hottest yet this year, watered containers/pots earlier before the sun hit the garden It looks like we've got a kitchen slug theres a few trails around the washing machine

Enjoy your day
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                      Yikes rary!... hope you are ok today?
                      Sounds an unpleasant type of fall/trip . Not that any fall/trip is 'good' Easily done though.

We've had a stupidly hot night even with the fan going .( 23°C Bren!!!)
                      But at least we had the excitement of seeing and hearing thunder and lightning both in the late hours and not long ago.

We were concerned for Hibou yesterday as we couldn't find her ...and yes, of course she turned up...OH spotted her coming out of, and having one of those luxurious stretches, from a large plant pot ! It's turned on it's side and in the shade all day. Interesting choice eh?

Not sure what today will bring -I made some lemon and orange curd yesterday. Couldn't believe how easy it was!
                      Previously I've added things in order...this time I just bunged everything in and stirred for 10 mins -so much easier and with perfect results!
                      Might make a pavlova with the egg whites....Anyone fancy a slice?...pavlova with peaches and cream? Mmmmm!
                      Last edited by Nicos; 08-08-2020, 06:38 AM.

Comment

• Morning all.

Enjoyable days fishing yesterday with eldest Son. Couple of decent trout caught by each of us which kept the interest going.
                        Plan to progress with laying some off-road parking today. Luckily OH hasn't twigged this is for a classic car or tractor project yet to be purchased.

Take care folks.
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Like your style Snadge!...just hope your OH hasn't got other ideas for it!!!!

Comment

• Unbelievably my husband woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me, " You must be cold", because I had thrown the quilt off in my sleep.
                            COLD!!!! I'm afraid I did snarl at him.
                            It's hot here now. I'm off to the allotment shortly.

Comment

• Good Morning All Hot here too. Hope you're ok rary. Have a good day All
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Rary. Knee injuries can be sickening when they happen. Last one I had (dog on a chain ran out ahead of me unexpectedly and I went flying over his chain and landed on rock) took months to heal and I still get clicking from time to time.

23 ºC, Nicos. Count yourselves lucky. It was 28 ºC here last night. I was up till gone 4 am, watching an Inspector Montalbano. Ridiculous heat. It's going to keep this up for a few more days then start to drop back to normal for this time of year. We've never had such a hot night here before. Goodness only knows what the visitor up the valley is going to do with her two sons.

You could try lemon meringue roulade, Nicos. Surprisingly easy, especially now you've got the lemon curd made for the creamy filling. It's on my list of things to make again when (if) we ever get enough visitors.

So, I'm down in the basement again. No surprises there. Two dogs today. No cat. She's on the bed still. Stretched out now there's no-one else in it. The fearsome tom is out somewhere, but just the thought of him is enough to stop the third dog from coming in. At this time of year, the tom weighs less than four kilos, the dog weighs over forty, but is still scared of him. Wisely.

Right, that's enough gabbing. Hope you all have lovely days. Don't overdo it in the heat.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X