No announcement yet.

Site upgrade announcement -latest info!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go to your avatar picture, top right, click on user settings and in the account tab, if you scroll down far enough you come to:

Forum style
    Grapevine New
    There is more than one style in which you can view the forums. If you would like to switch to a different style, select it from this list.
    Please note that some forums here may override your style choice temporarily.

The bit labelled Grapevine New above is a drop down menu and you can change it. But what those changes do I wouldn't like to say as I haven tried them. Good luck.

Comment

• I've only just noticed, the icons in the reply box are back (except for the image button ). Is this recent or have I just not noticed?
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Yes!...happened yesterday -well spotted
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I noticed that I can’t see people’s signatures at the bottom of their posts but I can see them if I’m not logged on. Is there something I need to do to see them,if no one knows it’s alright,I need to shut the windows,it’s pouring down there’ll be a river coming down the stairs soon

Comment

• Signature's seem to have vanished, admin are still trying to sort it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
              I noticed that I cant see people's signatures at the bottom of their posts but I can see them if I'm not logged on. Is there something I need to do to see them,if no one knows it's alright,
              JJ check your 'User settings' then click Account and scroll down the page to
              Conversation Detail Options
              and check that you have 'show signatures' ticked.

I can see people signatures Burnies says 'If I'm not on here, I'm probably fishing.'
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thanks Bren I did that & it works now

Comment

• This isn't a site upgrade issue, but I was scrolling through the veg section trying to find info (the search function is worse than useless ) and it was driving me mad and taking forever because on each page you have the 8 sticky threads in the veg section at the top of every page. It would be so much clearer and quicker to look through the threads if there wasn't half a page (almost) taken up by stickies.

Would it be possible for sticky threads to only appear on the first page of each subject?
                  Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                  Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                  https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                  Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• We can ask!... Cant promise anything though....

But we can double check if all those threads still need to be stickied -which might help a tad.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• You can always increase the post count per page I have set it at 40 posts per page which saves me a lot of bother
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I might have missed it but is there a way to go to the first unread in a thread. I haven't been on this site for a few days and having to ferret about to find out where I was is a definite disincentive.
                        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                        Oxfordshire

Comment

• At the top of the page if you click on "forums" you will find it's the same as the old forum, however the "latest posts" seems to be very random and some threads open up on the first post whilst there are a few which open on the last post. Once the admin/IT say they've finished we will be putting forward a list of things we might like changed, but as of yet it seems the site is still being worked on.

Comment

• The post preview function doesn't seem to be working properly. Not sure if it's because of the advert on other pages that now means there's an area at the bottom of the screen where mouse clicks don't seem to work. At the bottom of the the preview pane are two buttons but neither are clickable, so the only way to leave the screen is to close it. Which means your post is lost.

(Though when I re-opened the thread in question [Chatback], the <restore> button did actually work and my post that I thought was gone reappeared as if by magic. Phew.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                              The post preview function doesn't seem to be working properly. Not sure if it's because of the advert on other pages that now means there's an area at the bottom of the screen where mouse clicks don't seem to work. At the bottom of the the preview pane are two buttons but neither are clickable, so the only way to leave the screen is to close it. Which means your post is lost.

(Though when I re-opened the thread in question [Chatback], the <restore> button did actually work and my post that I thought was gone reappeared as if by magic. Phew.)
                              Exact same thing just happened to me. 'Restore' button very helpful thank goodness.

Comment

• I too experience similar, going back to my basic programming days it seems that parts of the screen are "dead" with no switches activated, if you scroll the screen up away from the advert area, the green "post reply" button turn blue when you put a cursor over it to show it's active.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X