No announcement yet.

Site upgrade announcement -latest info!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For new forum members unaware of our recent history with 'dead' zones, this will seem very confusing.

Comment

• It's more to do with the way the forum provider sets up the screen, rather than the upgrade, the screen we see is broken into sections, some we can access and some that for example where adverts for the magazine are not accessible, then there are some that take us to an advertisers web site, it's about how the site is run for each different user. We mods have access to bits that the members don't and admin have access to bits the mods don't.

Comment

• That makes sense, but it's not obvious to users why the buttons aren't clickable. I'm a sympathetic user and not trying to nitpick here. But people new to the forum might be flummoxed and just give up.

Comment

• We are still awaiting admin to finish with the upgrade, we certainly hope this is not it and that we will get these bugs ironed out, I'm sure it can be addressed.

Comment

• It is fixable and for a short time the buttons did work for a few days including the up to the top of the thread button on the bottom right.
            Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

• Do you know why we aren’t authorised to see who’s liked our posts? It’s a bit strange not being allowed isn’t it?

Comment

• JJ I'm not sure what you mean, you can either click the number next to the like button to see who's liked your post or you can set it in your 'User settings' under 'notifications' to receive daily updates or just see them through the Message centre.
                Hope this helps.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                  JJ I'm not sure what you mean, you can either click the number next to the like button to see who's liked your post or you can set it in your 'User settings' under 'notifications' to receive daily updates or just see them through the Message centre.
                  Hope this helps.
                  When I click on the number next to the like button I get the same not authorised to view box pop up as JJ
                  Last edited by peanut; 21-08-2020, 06:50 PM.
                  Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                  Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                  https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                  Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by peanut View Post

When I click on the number next to the like button I get the same not authorised to view box pop up as JJ
                    I don't get anything at all when I click on the number. Can't see through the message centre either, and I can't find a way to change it. Maybe only mods can see who liked their posts.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Yes we can’t see names just the number of likes. In the notification centre it’s ticked to show we get notification. When I click on the like box it does this in the photo (it says working forever,like it wants to work but it doesn’t?)

Comment

• Thanks everyone I've let admin know of this problem.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thanks Bren

Comment

• Just clicked on to ask the very same question! Thanks Bren for passing it on.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Quick question everyone (still finding out how to do stuff) how do I flag a member if I mention them in a post? I see there are notifications although I'm still trying to work those out but not sure how to 'name' someone?
                              East Berkshire

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.

Comment

• OK, going to see if I have worked this out, apologies to Bren In Pots for using them as a guinea pig! It works, please ignore the previous question
                                East Berkshire

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X