Site upgrade announcement -latest info!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
    ...What is disconcerting is we are getting no information, communication is at present zero, emails are not replied to...
    Disappointing, not disconcerting imo.

This forum would not be able to function well, however the software was setup, without MODS.
    Last edited by smallblueplanet; 15-05-2020, 10:00 AM.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

• Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
      I can’t find ‘Facebook connect’ to disconnect,it’s not there.
      I can't find it either. But at present I've noticed that even if I change my preferences in the <privacy> tab, next time I log in they have reset to the default, so still a work in progress I suppose.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Just logged in for first time in a while and it seems a lot more responsive now.
        Do we know if all the posts missing currently are gone for good? I had quite a few bookmarked that are not here now.

Comment

• ****Just heard there will be more major upgrades going on...but no timespan mentioned

we can ask about those Mark once the major work has been done.
          Which posts are you specifically looking for? I'm happy to have a look and see if we mods have more access than other Grapes....
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I am sorry but the site design is horrible. I can't find my way around and would much prefer it as it was. Is there any way I can opt for the old style as you can with some other sites ? All I can see is white and the layout is spread out too large.

Also, the search does not work either. I am trying to find old posts I made that have certain keywords and nothing comes up.

Thumbs down for me Im afraid.

Comment

• Omg, I’ve just quoted a post in a reply and it tells me I’ve reported the post (by mistake)...so sorry, I’m blaming the site because there’s no way I wanted to do that. Flippin flopsy, going off to the garden in shame ...
              All at once I hear your voice
              And time just slips away
              Bonnie Raitt

Comment

• Originally posted by Marb67 View Post
                I am sorry but the site design is horrible. I can't find my way around and would much prefer it as it was. Is there any way I can opt for the old style as you can with some other sites ? All I can see is white and the layout is spread out too large.

Also, the search does not work either. I am trying to find old posts I made that have certain keywords and nothing comes up.

Hi Marb, I’m finding the search annoying too, but hang in there, it’s surprising how quickly you get used to the new format and as Nicos says, there’s still a lot of updating going in behind the scenes.

All at once I hear your voice
                And time just slips away
                Bonnie Raitt

Comment

I am sorry but the site design is horrible. I can't find my way around and would much prefer it as it was. Is there any way I can opt for the old style as you can with some other sites ? All I can see is white and the layout is spread out too large.

The search facility has always been dire. With any luck, it will be improved at some stage.

As for changing style, if you go into your user settings (if you're not sure how to get there, look top right where your name and avatar are displayed, click on the down arrow and select user settings), look in the account tab and scroll down till you come to Forum style. Try the other options and see if there's one you like. I haven't checked them because I have got used to this style and quite like it. There are features I'm not too keen on (too many steps to get to your actual notifications, for example), but the look doesn't bother me now.

Comment

• Instead of using search for your posts,you could click on your name where you log in,to find ‘my recent posts’ that you made,it’ll show you the threads you’ve commented in lately. I’m getting used to the layout by spending a little time on here daily & it’s nice that our posts are big rather than adverts everywhere.

Comment

• One niggle I have is the size of this silly little box to make a post in. I really hope they make it larger, it's currently smaller than the box for the none working smilies. Hopefully this is something that is on their to do list
                      Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                      Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                      https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                      Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by peanut View Post
                        One niggle I have is the size of this silly little box to make a post in. I really hope they make it larger, it's currently smaller than the box for the none working smilies. Hopefully this is something that is on their to do list
                        I agree. And I bet that is quite an easy thing to change?
                        To see a world in a grain of sand
                        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

All I can see is white and the layout is spread out too large.

for pc users press control (ctrl) and hold down while scrolling your mouse wheel to change the layout size.
                          (Sorry if you are aware of this.)
                          Last edited by Nicos; 20-05-2020, 03:21 AM.
                          V.P.
                          The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegi potager View Post

for pc users press control (ctrl) and hold down while scrolling your mouse wheel to change the layout size.
                            (Sorry if you are aware of this.)
                            That's cool, no I didn't know it did that, thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post

I agree. And I bet that is quite an easy thing to change?
                              See the little grey dots at the bottom of the box you are posting in? Put your mouse pointer there, and a text box comes up saying "resize" Left click and hold to drag the box down to make it bigger.
                              Last edited by Vegi potager; 18-05-2020, 09:45 PM.
                              V.P.
                              The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

• ^Definitely not a jewel in the rough (according to your little orange status bars) but a jewel in the crown. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X