No announcement yet.

Site upgrade announcement -latest info!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We've not worked out what those Twitter and fb links are for yet!

Have you seen any posts from the Vine posted elsewhere apart from the GYO mag?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
      I only found this out the other day too marchogaeth, don’t like the idea at all!
      can you explain further please so we can try and find out what's going on?

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Nicos, I believe they are talking about the links under the poster's name / join date / number of posts - the are links to facebook and twitter that allow you to share the current post to your 'followers' on those platforms doesn't look like its limited to to GYO's feeds, though I could be wrong. Generally that type of link into a social media site wouldn't be limited (in my experience)

Glad to see this place has speeded up though - hope you are all doing well.
        Last edited by Baldy; 14-05-2020, 05:34 PM.
        sigpic
        1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by marchogaeth View Post
          Why can our posts be shared out of the forum (I raelise this may not be new to this upgrade but I have been AFK for a long while? Not sure I like the idea that our thoughts and name can be bandied about without us knowing? At least when they are quoted here we know and can respond.
          Anyone in the world could look at what we write anyway,I don’t write anything private,people could screenshot my post & talk about me behind my back or we might get a notification it’s been shared,isn’t this more to do with #growyourown on Twitter & Facebook maybe. If our post was to go to there,I probably wouldn’t notice,there should be a notification so we know. It’s quite odd but it might be helpful to the fbook,twitterers who want to use our post on those websites,I can’t think of any other use?

Comment

• I've noticed there isn't a 'blog' this post anymore I used to use that to add recipes to my vine blog.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post

Anyone in the world could look at what we write anyway,I don’t write anything private,people could screenshot my post & talk about me behind my back or we might get a notification it’s been shared,isn’t this more to do with #growyourown on Twitter & Facebook maybe. If our post was to go to there,I probably wouldn’t notice,there should be a notification so we know. It’s quite odd but it might be helpful to the fbook,twitterers who want to use our post on those websites,I can’t think of any other use?
              I've just shared your post to a trusted friend on FB.- it sent a link to this complete page with everyone's posts in it.
              Maybe someone else would like to test it for themselves - or try Twitter. I shan't be .

Comment

• It’s nice to see you VC I didn’t get a notification so anyone could share the info to others without us knowing,I’m not worried I don’t post secretive things it’s a public forum.

Comment

• I knew you weren't worried, JJ, that's why I picked your post.- but I didn't pick all the other ones that were sent with it and they may not feel so happy about it. I really expected it just to send your post. Can't think of many people who would be interested in a random page from the middle of a thread - that doesn't even highlight the post of interest AFAIK.
                  Stay safe , keep smiling. ........

Comment

• Do you think all forums are going this way,people like sharing their stuff on Facebook,maybe police could use it if they notice something suspicious,it’s bad we don’t get notified what if someone had a question,we won’t be able to help or explain. I just found this in the help section
                    “You may add or sever the Facebook link at any time by going to your username at the top of the page, and choosing "User Settings." Next click on the "Accounts" tab and finally scroll down to "Facebook Connect" and you may connect or disconnect from Facebook.”

Comment

• I can’t find ‘Facebook connect’ to disconnect,it’s not there.

Comment

• The way I see it, once you post anything on the internet, you’ve pretty much lost control of where it may travel, so as Jungle Jane says, don’t post anything that you wouldn’t want the world to see. Site speed seems better tonight...fingers crossed!
                        All at once I hear your voice
                        And time just slips away
                        Bonnie Raitt

Comment

• Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
                          I can’t find ‘Facebook connect’ to disconnect,it’s not there.
                          I can't find it either.

Comment

• I looked as well....can't find it

Comment

• Mods, maybe we need a bug reporting thread. I remember one of Mothhawk's posts got truncated because he/she tried to use a degree sign (sorry, Mothhawk, for gender confusion!). I've just tried to use an accented letter in a post and when I posted the message, it too got cut short from that letter to the end.

Comment

• The mods are planning such a post, indeed Nicos did ask for your concerns to be posted, the trouble is things keep appearing and disappearing with some wild abandon. If we start lists before they say it's complete, it could be a pointless exercise, we don't know if things are permanent or in transition, so a list could be obsolete on a daily basis. What is disconcerting is we are getting no information, communication is at present zero, emails are not replied to and lets face it the way the forum is just now, there's little point trying to contact admin, we don't know if the messages are getting through.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X