No announcement yet.

Site upgrade announcement -latest info!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like the rest of you I am finding it slow, to get on to this thread I had to piggyback by clicking on with VC, I am not good with computers but have found there is usually alternative ways to access what you want, but I only do that when I have time, if short of time nothing is that important to get stressed out about it and what we have here is free so quite willing to wait till things get sorted and of course this is a holiday weekend and I know I didn't like working when everyone else was off so I shouldn't expect others to work just to keep me happy. So enjoy the quiet time and stay happy
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• No word from anyone at the magazine, not sure if anyone is working as it's a bank holiday for those who are working.

Comment

• Do we know if 'they' intend the site to ever be reasonably responsive again?

Comment

• As Burnie says -we've heard nothing recently and when we do we'll keep you all updated.

The Vine clearly makes money for the owners so I'm sure they need it up and running again as soon as possible.
          There are clearly issues going on behind the scenes but they'd not go public surely with all the facts? Why would they share their nitty gritty in public where a competitor could see their dirty linen?
          Not that there is anything to share at the moment!

Do please stay positive and support each other during this difficult time both on and off the Vine...I think it's just a waiting game -it's just frustrating at the moment.

Sometimes I've likened getting onto here to post like Hibou sitting and staring into a hole in the field....she waits and waits and waits. Goodness knows how she can sit so patiently. Then suddenly , from almost being asleep in situ , she pounces ...being rewarded with a vole or fieldmouse for a tasty snack. And I think "poor mouse" but am pleased as that's one less mouse to munch it's way through my lovingly nurtured veggies.

Keep happy peeps -do what you need to do but - as rary says -keep smiling and do try to put a smile on other people's faces -none us really understands what each of us is going through in real life at the moment x
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post

It was not written to be catty Broadway, and I apologise if that is how you took it. Please don't be so prickly. I was merely wondering whether those peeps would return. And they mostly HAVE left us for the moment. Not seen SP or VC or NG on here for several days.
            As mentioned previously I am not loyal to this forum and never have been. Please no one get me wrong I love all you grapes and the MODs past and present. I have moved elsewhere and have no intention of coming back and have contacted admin but as and when that request happens is anyones guess.

I have no interest in trying to log on only to moan how pants everything is. In my time we have had the blue bars of death that turned yellow, the encroaching ads, the ads that open when you click the close button, the great photo disappearing act of 2016 but the big thing that does it, is when there seems to be no real acknowledgement, support or appreciation from admin and its users.

So now you know. Please kindly accept my decision and I wish you all the best and welcome you if you find me elsewhere x

Comment

• Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
              Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

YAWN
              To see a world in a grain of sand
              And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

• Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post

As mentioned previously I am not loyal to this forum and never have been. Please no one get me wrong I love all you grapes and the MODs past and present. I have moved elsewhere and have no intention of coming back and have contacted admin but as and when that request happens is anyones guess.

I have no interest in trying to log on only to moan how pants everything is. In my time we have had the blue bars of death that turned yellow, the encroaching ads, the ads that open when you click the close button, the great photo disappearing act of 2016 but the big thing that does it, is when there seems to be no real acknowledgement, support or appreciation from admin and its users.

So now you know. Please kindly accept my decision and I wish you all the best and welcome you if you find me elsewhere x
                Awww, really sorry to hear this NG. Sad day.

Kind Regards..........Rob

Comment

• Things seem to be moving a bit quicker and the presentation is better I see the latest posts come up on the righthand side of the screen which for some will be good I also note that some longtime members of the Vine are not coming back which is a bit sad as its the people who take part in a forum which makes it good or bad I will be staying on here not out of loyalty, but because I am comfortable with it and believe me as you mature a bit that is important,
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Yes, it's a bit sad that some are not coming back, but no doubt there will be new joiners to slide into their empty slots, bringing fresh ideas and new plans.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      Just wondering how I get a reputation?
                      ROFL - sorry but my emojis don't seem to work.

"A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

• Why can our posts be shared out of the forum (I raelise this may not be new to this upgrade but I have been AFK for a long while? Not sure I like the idea that our thoughts and name can be bandied about without us knowing? At least when they are quoted here we know and can respond.
                        "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

• ^^^ how do to mean?

in what way and where??
                          Last edited by Nicos; 14-05-2020, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• I only found this out the other day too marchogaeth, don’t like the idea at all!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Twitter and Facebook I think Nicos.
                              sigpic

Comment

• I've mentioned this on another thread but thought it appropriate to mention it here......

might I take this moment to thank various Grapes who have supported us mods by flagging up spammers so we can deal with them? Everything helps. Thankyou -much appreciated x

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X