No announcement yet.

Site upgrade announcement -latest info!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This cannot be described a tweaking. More like demolition!

Comment

• Blimey, something is going on this afternoon, so very, very, very slow to do anything.
      Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
      Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
      https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
      Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• Well hopefully whatever is going on making things so slow will eventually contribute to sorting this place out!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Tick tock tick tock
          Last edited by mothhawk; 10-05-2020, 07:46 PM.
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• I hope the calendar is just a work in progress as it is empty. No point having a calendar if there is nothing in it. Where did all the birthdays go?
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
              I wonder if those who have deserted the vine at the moment will return when all is sorted or if they will stay in their new playground (until it's bulldozed!). They are missed.
              I feel like a dog in a pack that has divided. I went off to play with the others for a bit, but it felt weird posting essentially the same stuff in two places. Just got to be patient that the Vine will get sorted out, sooner or later.

Comment

• Tick tock tick tock. Right.
                Last edited by mothhawk; 10-05-2020, 07:50 PM.
                Endless wonder.

Comment

I wonder if those who have deserted the vine at the moment will return when all is sorted or if they will stay in their new playground (until it's bulldozed!). They are missed.
                  Again another catty comment Mothhawk
                  Cheers

Danny

Comment

• Knock, knock.......
                    Last edited by mothhawk; 11-05-2020, 02:43 PM.
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• It seems the site is taking so long to load Mothhawk people just don’t have the time to wait. I’m sure everyone will be back when things get back to normal and I really hope they do!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Just to throw a comment in.

It is slow, download rate to me is poor, other sites are normal so assume the new system may not be pushing stuff out as it should,
                        Might be trying to push down to me too much, have met that on a data base system.
                        It sent down the whole DB and uploaded the whole DB at each change/save, not just the little bit that changed.

Told me I had been successful at signing in and was telling fibs. Did get in on second go.
                        Never seen many upgrades that went with 100% success.
                        These days it is likely security software that slows things down.
                        Then it tends to be a compromise.

Safest computer has no external connections and if it can help it no users.
                        Not much use for a forum but safe.
                        Ran one once and the security group went nuts.
                        They complained they could see or get at it to test and try to break the security. I pointed out that was the idea.

Do recall one site where people were having trouble signing in.
                        The new software defaulted to 1 person signed at a time. Just no-one told the admin people this.

Comment

• Just when I was starting to enjoy the improvements, it seems to have gone backwards. I couldn't get on at all yesterday evening, constant error messages and today it is taking forever to load. What a shambles.
                          Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                          Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                          https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                          Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• Crawling slow again. I preferred the other site design/layout too. *shrugs*
                            To see a world in a grain of sand
                            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

It was not written to be catty Broadway, and I apologise if that is how you took it. Please don't be so prickly. I was merely wondering whether those peeps would return. And they mostly HAVE left us for the moment. Not seen SP or VC or NG on here for several days.
                              .[/QUOTE]
                              MH I'm keeping an eye on the posts but honestly, I have far better thjngs to do when the sun is shining that waste time trying to log on and do anything on here.- and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
                              I think you're reading more into our absences than you need to. I've only logged on now to make this point. I have no need to explain where I am to anyone.
                              Now I'm going as I want to play in the sun - that's what keeps me happy, not reading gripes and moans. on dysfunctional sites.

Comment

• Perhaps we could be sent an email when the forum is working properly, cos this is dull.
                                To see a world in a grain of sand
                                And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X