No announcement yet.

Site upgrade announcement -latest info!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I appreciate once we've looked at a thread it's no longer "new" or "latest" but I like to backtrack and take another look. Plus once I've posted I often check to look at updates. It'd be nice if the current session retained some continuation. Have also found the very latest posts don't show in my user profile either, sometimes for quite a while.
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• I agree -I find it frustrating when I think of a response/question a few hours later ....then can't find the thread again.
      Certainly something to ask Admin to review....
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• We are hoping that the admin team are aware of all of this and will at some point let us know when they are finished and we can then trouble shoot it, I have used vbulletin sites elsewhere and they can function in a fashion similar to what we have been used to, change can be rewarding as well.

Comment

• Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I'm getting no notifications of 'likes.'

Comment

• None of us is -you have to check on each of the posts you have made, which isn't ideal cos I forget what I've been talking about!
            Good to mention it-Thanks
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I click on my name on here then I can see all my recent posts and I can access them from there, not perfect but it works as a short cut.

Comment

• There's a record of likes in your Message Centre (in the Notifications tab right at the top, above the GYO banner). What you don't know, however, is who liked your posts. Just that someone did. Rary might even be sneaking in some secret likes that we don't know about now.

Comment

• Adding this here so I don't forget when we come to draw up the final list of forum adjustments: when I click on the My recent posts tab (top right, under my avatar photo), at least some of the threads I've posted on recently aren't listed (Sourdough starter thread, for instance).

Plus, the list doesn't detail my posts but thread titles and the name of the last person to have posted there plus a link to that post. Is that what you'd expect?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                    Adding this here so I don't forget when we come to draw up the final list of forum adjustments: when I click on the My recent posts tab (top right, under my avatar photo), at least some of the threads I've posted on recently aren't listed (Sourdough starter thread, for instance).

Plus, the list doesn't detail my posts but thread titles and the name of the last person to have posted there plus a link to that post. Is that what you'd expect?
                    Have you checked the <Sort By> box Snoop? In the green bar at the top of the listed threads, on the left hand side?

Some of the headings filter out threads. I've got mine set to <Date - started post>.

That seems to return all the threads I've posted in.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• ^Thanks, mothhawk. <Date - started post> made no difference. I've set it to <Relevance> and that seems to come up with a list of threads I've posted in.

So glad I asked. Nothing like a helping hand. Thanks again.

Comment

• The view on my ipad... makes using the forum unpleasant, no problems on any other sites or forum.

spend very little time here because of it

Comment

• There’s two ways of viewing on an iPad,you’re holding it so everything looks squashed,you know you can turn the screen if you want.

Comment

• One other issue I’m having. So I start a thread but it doesn’t appear when I go into latest topics - even if I have posted on that thread recently. It doesn’t appear if I look in my profile as recent threads either. Can only find it if I do a search.

Comment

• ^See Mr Bones' comment at message number 271 at the top of this page.

Nicos, maybe we could do with something like the thread tools that we used to have so we could subscribe to threads. I found that quite handy before.

Comment

• Just realised when looking for your own recent posts (on your profile page), the "Sort By" drop down menu needs to be set to "Relevance"
                                Looks like it needs to be re-set each visit
                                Last edited by Mr Bones; 23-06-2020, 07:46 AM. Reason: extra info
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X