Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last day of job I've been at for over 20 years. There was an all staff meeting over video discussing how to sort out exams n things for students, I got a round of applause before meeting started.

Which was nice.

Was hoping for an Amazon voucher

Nah, it's nice to feel appreciated and that a big organisation found time to do that with everything else that is going on.
    sigpic
    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Nice to be appreciated baldy.

Nice weather morning, having had a week off dog walks as was overdoing the knee a bit . I went today , all fine .
      Unfortunately..unspoken rule here is if someones car is jn walk entrance to forest go to another. Today someone came in while we were in with about 9 collies . Why couldnt they go in another. Wernt even friendly , looked at us like we were the problem . Never seen them before . Have a feeling they may be here isolating from elsewhere .
      Moan over .
      I think a little.more weeding and perhaps clean the pond out a bit .
      Northern England.

Comment

• I haven't seen a single soul today so far - no one walking past outside, can't hear anyone either. It's almost like after armageddon - so, so quiet.

I'm trying to fix my BBC iplayer on my tv that doesn't want to work properly, and in the process have had to reset my tivo box, which means I've lost all my recorded programs

I have a dining table to paint, housework to do, lots of seeds to sow, but somehow not got neither the will nor the energy today. I'm usually quite self-motivated, but today just feels a bit empty.

I'm sure I'll pick up after a few coffees, or kicks up the backside.

What gets you motivated?
        https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I guess this is easier for me as I don't go out much normally, I don't like shopping or groups of people, so I'm used to staying at home. So with a large garden my own house and nice weather I can just jog along doing not very much and taking plenty of time over it eg pootling around re-potting plants, getting more wood sawed up for my log burner ....

As for motivation, with my character I find having a project on the go is a good way to get active. So mending a broken power tool, putting a new handle on a fork or spade, new netting for the soft fruit etc. When I was ill over the winter I started writing a book as I really wasn't feeling well enough to do anything physical. I like painting and drawing too but haven't done any for ages - so many things to do and the biggest hurdle is my own laziness ..... :-)

Comment

• I am motivated (slightly obsessed) by lists hence why I like the "what are you going to do today / tomorrow" thread.
            Cheers

Danny

Comment

• What next, Baldy? Retirement? Whatever it is, hope it's fun.

Comment

• Something is bugging me about the lockdown and the thought just wont go away. .

How come we are allowed to walk from A - B but we are not allowed to drive there? I get that walking provides physical exercise but driving can provide mental exercise/release from four walls especially for certain groups of people. I know a few people who are crawling the walls, are not fit enough to walk very far but could get in their car on their own driveway, drive for a short while not stopping or interacting with anyone on the way. Then home again to their own driveway. There's zero chance of interaction with anyone whereas walking may mean you will see or pass someone on the way. Yet it's a blanket ban,no driving unless essential.

I understand driving outwith normal areas or going sightseeing etc isn't on, but that's not what I'm talking about here. I've just read about someone who drove to the same park they usually walk their dog to every day in life and got into trouble for it. It seems wrong to me. What am I missing???

Comment

• This is my favourite pizza dough recipe. Makes three of my preferred pizza bases but just two of Mr Snoop's as he likes lots of dough.

500 g strong flour
                  350 g water
                  10 g salt
                  3 g instant yeast

Mix together till ingredients all incorporated (no need to knead) and bung in fridge and leave for at least three days and up to five.

To make pizza, remove from fridge two hours in advance and divide into two or three (or up to five if you like thin, crispy pizza bases). Fold each portion a few times and then shape into balls. Leave to come to room temperature and to rise a bit and then make pizza.

The problem is giving over fridge space for so long, but if you have it, this makes a really tasty dough.

Comment

• Big life change Baldy, open book ahead of you now, you can land on any age you like. (And yes I would have thought an Amazon voucher would have been a nice appropriate thing to do but at least you got some recognition.)

Comment

• Originally posted by gardening_gal View Post
                      Something is bugging me about the lockdown and the thought just wont go away. .

How come we are allowed to walk from A - B but we are not allowed to drive there? I get that walking provides physical exercise but driving can provide mental exercise/release from four walls especially for certain groups of people. I know a few people who are crawling the walls, are not fit enough to walk very far but could get in their car on their own driveway, drive for a short while not stopping or interacting with anyone on the way. Then home again to their own driveway. There's zero chance of interaction with anyone whereas walking may mean you will see or pass someone on the way. Yet it's a blanket ban,no driving unless essential.

I understand driving outwith normal areas or going sightseeing etc isn't on, but that's not what I'm talking about here. I've just read about someone who drove to the same park they usually walk their dog to every day in life and got into trouble for it. It seems wrong to me. What am I missing???
                      Driving is not exercise. If you want to drive then walk, just walk. But Ithink the main argument is, the more cars on the road the more chance of an accident or breakdown. Our hospitals are busy enough without victims of accidents adding to the workload, and breakdowns cause their own problems.

Stay safe and take no risks!
                      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                        Driving is not exercise. ............

But I think the main argument is, the more cars on the road the more chance of an accident or breakdown. Our hospitals are busy enough without victims of accidents adding to the workload, and breakdowns cause their own problems.
                        It's not physical exercise I agree but it can most definitely be a mental release for some who are alone and not coping well with the lockdown and mental health is equally as important as physical health.

Anyway, as for the last bit, that makes perfect sense and something I hadn't thought of so thank you for that. Clearly I wasn't looking at the bigger picture.

Comment

• Will be head IT honcho at a fairly local secondary school - not much cash to spend and lots wanted doing... which is life I guess.

Been in the back garden in the sun with a couple of bottles of Corona - wonder if their sales have gone up more than other brands in the last month?
                          Have overdone it on the sun and am now looknig at red patches where I've got no pigmentation... hmmm should take better care of myself.
                          sigpic

Comment

• ^Sounds like a good challenge, Baldy. Hope you have fun.

No chance of sunburn here. Horizon to horizon clouds.

Comment

• Evening

We have to drive as in the back of nowhere and would get run over back a tractor or milk tanker as no pavements otherwise.
                              Been weeding and roped OH in who isnt into gardening bug is helping me . Also cleaned out the pond that puppy keeps getting in. Alot of gunk sat ag the moment . Found 3 large newts and 4 babies so far.

Dog walk time
                              Hot shower
                              ....then a much needed drink!!!! Wine !
                              Northern England.

Comment

• On my second glass of chardonnay. I get criticised for enjoying its uncouth and robust flavours, but the critics can 'do one'
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X