This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biscuits mmm yes please.
    Just having a cuppa watching the water feature we were going to remove. OH saw a great tit go in the top hole, so possibly has a nest already.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200411-115638_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	2386947
    Northern England.

Comment

• Still no chicken in our local supermarkets!
      sigpic

Comment

• No , I know .
        Do you have a butcher or farm shop ?.. I mean that could deliver. Alot have gone down the delivery route for vulnerable.
        Last edited by Containergardener; 11-04-2020, 11:38 AM.
        Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mamzie View Post

Apparently most RTAs happen within 10 minutes of your home, and we are trying to reduce the load on NHS, hence no non essential driving hth x
          Yes it does help, thanks. I did not know this. This may have been obvious to many but after having talked to other people it would seem I was not the only one who wasn't fully understanding so I do wonder whether the message should be a little more explanatory. (I seem to be becoming a tad 'thicker' with age. )

There is growing concern about how youngsters in particular are not taking this seriously and I personally feel it's because the messages of stay home, protect the NHS etc are just not applicable to their mindsets.

I saw what I thought was a good ad on the internet where 3 lads were in a park together. The captions above their heads were ' feels great but is carrying Corona', 'has asthma', lives with his Gran'. I thought this is the kind of basic message kids might respond more to as it talks about how it might affect them and many kids only become less self centred with age and growing maturity.

I've just been told the High Street in the next town to us is very busy, with people out in the sun. Maybe Darwin's Theory will apply.

Comment

• ^I want some live chickens for eggs.

Comment

• I still have chicken in the freezer after my daughter bought me a 10 pack for just the two of us.
              No idea if there is any in our supermarkets here as we are not doing the shopping.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I bought a fresh chicken in my local Aldi a couple of days ago and a pack of chicken breasts for someone else. Plenty available.

Comment

• There is growing concern about how youngsters in particular are not taking this seriously and I personally feel it's because the messages of stay home, protect the NHS etc are just not applicable to their mindsets.

I saw what I thought was a good ad on the internet where 3 lads were in a park together. The captions above their heads were ' feels great but is carrying Corona', 'has asthma', lives with his Gran'. I thought this is the kind of basic message kids might respond more to as it talks about how it might affect them and many kids only become less self centred with age and growing maturity.

I've just been told the High Street in the next town to us is very busy, with people out in the sun. Maybe Darwin's Theory will apply.
                  Adverts like that do not help.
                  Derbyshire Police tried it with drones and basically got slammed for it. Told that they were being excessive and abusing their powers.

I do think the attitude has to change towards people. They are not stupid and seem to get treated as if everyone is.

In Northhamptonshire the police said they would have officers patrolling the supermarket aisles to make sure you only bought essential items, and would check baskets. Even the government quashed that idea fast. Then the person tried to blame the media saying they have covered him incorrectly. That got an equally abrupt reply from the media.

As for the youngsters, by far the majority of people I see out are 50+.
                  Too easy to just say "the youngsters". Lets blame them, it makes it easy.
                  Who drives to Sainsbury's, Tesco, Morrisons, Asda, Aldi, Lidl. Then stands in queues and wanders around the store with everyone else. Have not see a teenager in one for a few weeks. Oddly lots of "responsible adults" or NOT so responsible.

Actually the only youngsters I have seen have been working in the stores serving the 50+ people who are the "sensible" stay safely at home away from everyone people. Except they aren't staying at home away from everyone.

Darwins theory is what is being implimented/applied.

Comment

• serving the 50+ people who are the "sensible" stay safely at home away from everyone people. Except they aren't staying at home away from everyone.
                    Probably because they can't get a delivery slot so have to go shopping for food.

Just goes to show there is more than one way of looking at any situation
                    I think it's fair to say that SOME people from every generation are ignoring/twisting the rules - how can we get them to behave in a safe way? - that's the problem - isn't it?

Comment

• I have seen groups of 3 or 4 young people out and about but I think it is mainly the middle aged/old who are the main problem. They seem to think the rules don't apply to them. They visit their elderly/ vulnerable relatives exactly as they used to...to help them. The fact that this could kill their nearest and dearest doesn't seem to have sunk in yet. Even cabinet ministers are at fault.....I know it is really hard to stop social contact.....but it has to be done. Please everyone .....think twice........do I really, really need to?

Comment

• Well not been in for a few days, today is baby’s due date but no signs yet trying to focus on the exciting time of our first child rather then the daunting prospect of no family support no visitors etc.
                        I know it’s killing my mum as it’s her first grandchild but I’m vunerable she’s vunerable so not seen her for 3 weeks now- totally sucks! At least the weathers nice the lettuce I managed to sow a couple of weeks ago looks like it’s sprouting either that or lots of weeds!!
                        I’m looking forward to joining you all in a tipple got some rhubarb cider and some gin and tonic in the fridge so I have a choice!
                        Hope your all keeping safe and in good spirits!
                        Xx

Comment

• Chrissie's...wishing you the very best of luck and good wishes.
                          Come back and let us know your good news.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Yes Chrissy, best of luck from me too...pop back and let us know what you got!!
                            sigpic

Comment

• I’m hoping for the lettuce

Comment

• All best wishes to you, Chrissy and your Sugarbowl and your lettuce.

Found some ideas for things to do tomorrow - if you're stuck for ideas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	poke.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	2386952

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X