Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baldy, have a brandy and port...it fixes everything and goes down a treat.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Baldy View Post
      Bit of a dose of Delhi belly today so something soothing please, brandy is medicinal???
      Pastis is better!! was getting worried about you, good to see you are back. Hope you feel better.
      Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• Oh baldy . Sorry you've been off. Here... my special medicine tonic will help
        Northern England.

Comment

• Mmmm.. pastis!

Yes, bad news about Boris. My learned colleague says it's bad news if you've still got symptoms after day 7. I don't like him one bit, but I don't wish that on anyone
          https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• ^^im not convinced re boris. Call me cynical but ...
            A way to keep everyone in control . Sorry but....
            Northern England.

Comment

• From an ICU doctor: the number of patients who survive on ventilators is 30-50%. Plus
              https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...kAgaUcftzjjvaA

Comment

• Yes and was almost on one myself . Luckily I managed on my own ..just.
                Northern England.

Comment

• Another nice morning . Alot of dew.
                  Another day for the chairs outside, cuppa anyone?
                  Northern England.

Comment

• I'm working from home, so it will have to be a cuppa, indoors. My wifi isn't strong enough in the garden, sadly Thank you
                    https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I've just had to break my quarantine as I can't get a delivery slot for 3 weeks. To be quite honest if I had hens and a goat, I could probably get by. Although I'm an omnivore I can survive without meat. I tried very hard to do the distance thing but other people weren't. The staff re-stocking shelves didn't seem to think it included them and some customers weren't following the arrows round the store in the right direction. There were several men with lists in their hands who spent an inordinate amount of time looking for things and I can't/shouldn't move until they do. I eventually got pi$$ed off with this, breathed deeply and overtook them.

I, of course, since I was in there, took the opportunity to buy other things than the essentials I went in for. I forgot the eggs and the only way to get them was to join the back of the outside queue again. So another shop got my custom. Their shelves are nearly empty, but they had eggs. It's a small local shop, run by a lad who is a friend of my youngest son. He will get more of my custom when things improve. I had a chat whilst I was in there and he's having problems getting stock.

I also wanted a USB stick to record from my TV. They've had a panic buy on them as well!!. I do have some but with insufficient capacity. So I've had to buy through the internet.

This time will go down in the history books along with the Great Plague, the Black Death, WWI and WWII.
                      Last edited by JanieB; 07-04-2020, 02:16 PM.
                      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by SarrissUK View Post
                        I'm working from home, so it will have to be a cuppa, indoors. My wifi isn't strong enough in the garden, sadly Thank you
                        We put an extender device in as our router is upstairs in the office. Plus of that is I pick it up outside now.
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Something interesting that the lady on the door at T3sc0s said whilst I was waiting permission to enter was that they hadn't yet got the list of vulnerable people to be given priority. I asked if that included online and she confirmed that it did. Now, if you go online at their site you don't get the chance to say you are in the vulnerable category until after you've got a slot. The way their system works means that vulnerable people, hoping for a slot, are awake in the middle of the night in hope.
                          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                          Oxfordshire

Comment

• ^My mum is registered as vulnerable with Sainsbury's. Managed to get a slot first time of asking by staying up till midnight UK time. Got to try again today.

Had my first outing. To the chemist's for pills. Mr Snoop has outings down to a T, so I was quite annoyed at having to do it. Done now.

Comment

• I havnt managed to stay up til midnight yet
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Well.it was sunny earlier but has clouded in a bit. I shall still be in the garden weeding ..ugh. Going to make OH a list of jobs I want done out there ..mainly clean my GH , make pallet compost bin thing, digging over beds , clean decking ,move some stones (not all today)
                                I intend to be weeding and seed sowing .
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X