Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know I’m starting to get very envious, maybe even a little jealous of you lot that can get chicken!!!
    sigpic

Comment

• We got.......CHICKEN!!! Yay!!
      sigpic

Comment

• Yeyyyy chicken
        Northern England.

Comment

• Whoohoo for the chicken
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Comment

• We got a chicken in Aldi, that means beer can chicken on the BBQ on Saturday or Sunday

Comment

• Morning
                A cool breeze but hopefully it will brighten up.
                Not sure of my plans today yet other than dog walks.
                Have a good day
                Northern England.

Comment

• Morning!
                  Thinking I need to go and get our repeat prescriptions...there's a small supermarket opposite the pharmacy so I might brave the great outdoors this afternoon.
                  That's if the car starts after 25 days!!!!!!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Walking down the canal today to get my prescription, it's about a 40min walk into Worksop which will be lovely today. I don't usually have a problem with social distancing as I'm usually listening to podcasts and therefore laughing out loud, needless to say people give me a wide berth😊

Whilst in town I will do a quick shop in Iceland therefore one outing incorporates exercise, food shopping, and medication😊
                    Last edited by broadway; 17-04-2020, 08:24 AM.
                    Cheers

Danny

Comment

• Decision made....I can last until Tuesday ...unless it starts raining again this afternoon ( putting off other shoppers) I will wait til then.
                      It's about working out when the quietest times are isn't it?
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by broadway View Post
                        Walking down the canal today to get my prescription, it's about a 40min walk into Worksop which will be lovely today. I don't usually have a problem with social distancing as I'm usually listening to podcasts and therefore laughing out loud, needless to say people give me a wide berth

Whilst in town I will do a quick shop in Iceland therefore one outing incorporates exercise, food shopping, and medication
                        All done with minimal fuss
                        Cheers

Danny

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          Decision made....I can last until Tuesday ...unless it starts raining again this afternoon ( putting off other shoppers) I will wait til then.
                          It's about working out when the quietest times are isn't it?
                          I will be popping to the shop tomorrow at 6am if that cheers you up. Yep nutcase in residence. It was quite pleasant when I braved my first shop 2 weeks ago - I have had home deliveries since I was pregnant with my first over 7 years ago

Comment

• Good day everyone. I ran out of energy yesterday and had to abandon my attempt to level the soil in preparation for laying the turf. I’ve done about 1/2 of it. Now it’s raining but I think I’ll have another go at it today.

I take my chemo pill before I go to bed at night so I sleep through the worst of the side effects, but it still lingers on for a while in the morning so I’m not up to anything bar light duties until the afternoon.

I had a reply to my email re the incorrect apple tree. They have dispatched the right one but no instructions on how to return the other one. So do I plant it in case I can keep it, or try and look after it in it’s pot?

It’ll be OK for a day or two.

i was listening to the TV this morning and there was a lady who phoned in really upset as she was isolated and lonely in a small flat after a divorce. There must be loads of people in that position and it’s still lonely even when the family and friends keep in touch every day as mine do. I’m lucky to have a house and garden and several projects to keep me occupied and my mind off the feeling of isolation. My neighbours also talk to me over the fence, and I can wave to other friends who live further away and are also in isolation.
                            Last edited by JanieB; 17-04-2020, 12:32 PM.
                            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by broadway View Post
                              I don't usually have a problem with social distancing as I'm usually listening to podcasts and therefore laughing out loud, needless to say people give me a wide berth
                              Same here, laughing out loud, people give me a wide berth............

What's a podcast?

I'm still searching my cupboards for peanut butter and I've finished the lemon curd too.
                              Found some dried peas - best before Jan 2019 so quite fresh for me! Wonder if I could grind them to make marrowfat peabutter or lemonless peacurd?
                              Mushy pea curd flavoured with raspberry vinegar (found lots of that!) perhaps?

Peas are soaking as I write. Wonder what I'll be eating tonight!

Have fun everyone - remember nothing lasts for ever - even dried peas.

Comment

• ^^^I don't know whether to laugh, cry or make a stupidly long journey to save you from your own concoctions.

Edit: oh and a podcast is something the GYO team can tell you about. Oh....no they can't they have left the vine
                                Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 17-04-2020, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X