• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it wine o'clock?
    Been dealing with hmrc and vat and doing our return
    Northern England.

Comment

• it's fun putting this and that together for a meal,this is where herbs and spices come in,i often do a chuck it together make up,especialy when i ask mr what he fancies for tea,and the answer is anything,well,i have never ever seen it in the shops,in any form,so it has to be a make it up,if you want a quick tasty desert,do some scrambled egg,and put a little honey over it,very tasty,i did it one day when i got the munchy feeling.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
        it's fun putting this and that together for a meal,this is where herbs and spices come in,i often do a chuck it together make up,especialy when i ask mr what he fancies for tea,and the answer is anything,well,i have never ever seen it in the shops,in any form,so it has to be a make it up,if you want a quick tasty desert,do some scrambled egg,and put a little honey over it,very tasty,i did it one day when i got the munchy feeling.
        When I was buying some milk this morning the little corner shop I use had large heads of plump garlic at 35P each. I just had to have some and now the house stinks of garlic. I made garlic chicken portions with garlic flavoured baby potatoes to go with them.
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
          Heard a Dr. on TV saying in this time of Coronavirus staying at home we should focus on inner peace. To achieve this we should always finish things we start and we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked through my house to find things i'd started and hadn't finished, so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiumun srciptuns, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to all who need inner piss. An telum u luvum. And two hash yer wands, stafe day avrybobby!!! ��❣
          Jay that is one fantastic post it really made me laugh, but please don't do that too often as OH asked what I was laughing at so I tried reading it out to her, I was lucky 3nough that she didn't take the tablet off me to read it herself. For the sake of matrimonial harmony she must not, repeat must not get onto the Vine or my goose would be cooked, and while talking about burds before an other one highlights it I gave you a like
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I'm eating very random food at the moment!!
            Breakfast was granola with raspberries frozen in 2015. Lunch was "cream crackers" - use by Dec '18 and some "mature" cheese with the outside edges trimmed off.
            Tonight is almost normal - mash made from sprouting spuds and the carrots from a bucket, 2 leeks and some kale from the garden and some veggie sausages from the freezer.

Hoping to empty a few cupboards/freezer before we come out the end of this. Its another challenge and you know how much I like that!!
            Last edited by veggiechicken; 30-03-2020, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Good job we can all cook. Perhaps those that only rely on ping meals will try to cook now (that's if they cant get their pings or takeaways ) .
              Northern England.

Comment

• Had a veggie pasta dish using endamme pasta, avacado, garlic, lemon, and peas. Awful, tasteless and dry, most of it’s going in the Thai pumpkin soup for lunch tomorrow which will spice it up and bulk up the soup.

Comment

• We're doing ok here but I hate that I cant get out to do my own shopping.
                  My daughter did it yesterday.
                  I asked for some chicken breast fillets and she came back with 10 for just the two of us.
                  Asked her to get a ham fillet, it will keep us going for a very long time.
                  Son did the shopping the other day.
                  I asked for potatoes, he brought two bags of salad potatoes, OH will go crazy peeling them.
                  My children are very good but I just want to go back to normality.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Haha bramble teach them which you want .
                    I cant go out but get online and get for mum having shopped for her many times
                    Brothers have been doing it ..least they're trying.
                    Just keeping thinking of normality soon
                    Northern England.

Comment

• Unfortunately as my daughter said, don’t go to the supermarket with a list just go and see what there is. Our supermarket hasn’t had chicken for a couple of weeks now but plenty beef...strange.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Supermarkets doing pretty well here now, I think they've got it pretty sorted. I had a long list from my sister and got her almost everything on it. I'm doing her a big fortnightly shop, as online aren't accepting new customers. The only issue is the restriction in numbers of items. She wanted six tins of soup (not unreasonable for two weeks), but you can only buy four at a time.
                        Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

• ^^^
                          when you say 'we can all cook' you're doing a royal we ?
                          I can do fahetas, roast dinners and um...

bit like my gardening ability really
                          sigpic
                          1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• That's cooking baldy
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Jay22 I know what's with the chicken shortage ? Does nobody eat red meat now.
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                                Jay22 I know what's with the chicken shortage ? Does nobody eat red meat now.
                                Not us veggies.
                                To see a world in a grain of sand
                                And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X