X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MartinRSharpe
    replied
    Potted up the "windowsill" cayenne chillies into their final pots
    Courgette into large pot (it will go back into the GH overnight for now)
    Potted on Cucumber and moved it to the greenhouse
    Weeded the polyunnel path and pea/bean bed.
    Tided up the tomatoes in the greenhouse
    Few little tweaks to the automated watering for the outdoor beds

A few squashes etc. to head to their final locations soon but with some colder nights due next week I've held off planting them out.

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Cleared out my middle shed which I haven't been in for 3 years. It was sealed up with Ivy growing across the door and had an enormous, now deserted rat's nest in it. Several bin bags and full hoovers later the inside is now clean, unfortunately when I turn around and look outside there is now a huge pile of "stuff" to sort through. Ho hum...off I go again

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Cleared out my middle shed which I haven't been in for 3 years. It was sealed up with Ivy growing across the door and had an enormous, now deserted rat's nest in it. Several bin bags and full hoovers later the inside is now clean, unfortunately when I turn around and look outside there is now a huge pile of "stuff" to sort through. Ho hum...off I go again

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Planted cucs in their final pots in GH, all courgettes are now in the garden still a few things to find places for but I'm nearly there.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Planted out 12 sweetcorn plants in my back garden.

Planted out two more sweet potato plants at the allotment. That's really as many as I can fit, so I'll have to give the rest away.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Planted out 4 chilli plants and 10 sweet pepper plants through black plastic at the allotment. Still have 2 more sweet peppers and 6 more chillies yet to go out.

The strimmer man came yesterday to cut the grass paths, so I raked a load up and used it to mulch my potatoes.

Leave a comment:

• Bonjour
    replied
    Planted out Butter Beans and Runner Beans. Hand weeded half the onions patch. Picked two more Telegraph Improved cucumbers. Took the bottom few leaves off my tomato plants now fruit is setting.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Sowed another gutter of sugar snap peas.

Planted out my 5 winged bean plants.
    Planted 8 melons (four each of Collective farm Woman and banana melon) and one watermelon (I have a second, but it's still convalescing on my patio after some stem damage) through black plastic at my allotment. The soil under the plastic was lovely and warm - I could feel the heat even through my gloves.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Today I planted up my two wall baskets with a hahm gelbe tomato & petunia in each one. Planted out a few more tomatoes,sweet peppers & a French marigold. Watered my fruit trees & all the little pots waiting to be planted out. Tidied up a bit. Sowed some catmint in modules.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Potted on some sweet peppers and ate my first strawberry of the season(SWMBO got the first one yesterday lol).

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Planted out three courgettes in my garden, and repotted some basil and chillies.

Planted out 6 sweet potato plants, 3 tomatillo plants, 3 pink banana squash and 3 Galeux d'eysines squash in the big bed at the allotment. Also planted one pink banana and one Marina di Chioggia squash in the compost bin.
    If they all grow well, I'll have squash coming out of my ears this year.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Sowed some tall mangetout and some dwarf french beans in the big tubs behind my shed. The peas will be growing up the back of the shed.

Set up the mesh cover for one lot of my brassicas.

Cut some more comfrey and nettles for "tea".

Originally posted by peanut View Post
    Ameno - I do hope your watermelon stem heals over, fingers crossed it will.(
    24 hours later, it's still looking perky, even in the midday sun earlier, and my scaffold of sticks seems to be holding the top half in place securely, so I'm reasonably confident it will survive.
    I'll have to delay planting it out until it heals a bit, though. I had been planning to plant it tomorrow or Tuesday, but I fear I would break it if I tried the way it is now.
    Last edited by ameno; 24-05-2020, 07:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Potted on some mixed lettuce I'll leave them to grow a bit bigger before planting them in a bed it might give them more chance against the slugs.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Haha goodluck bikermike

Managed to get out to the greenhouse now the weather has calmed itself. Had a move around and watered a few things. Need to write a list of jobs for next week.

Leave a comment:

• bikermike
    replied
    Hello! (Finally got onto the new site).
    Yesterday planted out sweetcorn, oca, courgettes, butternut squash, broccoli and sprouts. Today I will find out if they survived the wind.

tonight I am camping out in the garden with my 5yr old... wish me luck...

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X