X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    It was quite windy today,I tied in the tomatoes,two were bent over a bit but they’re alright. Planted the 34th tomato plant in the ground next to some borage & another squash right next to the path it can grow over,save space in the bed. I put the raised planter I made outside,lined it with two compost bags overlapping,filled it with some really old compost & a bit of new,planted a sweet bonita pepper & sowed two varieties of lettuce in there. Strawberry runners have found the spare bit of soil I have left to plant in,they’ll be alright under brassica netting

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Potted up some pre-sprouted dwarf french bean seeds.
    Sowed some more chicory seeds, and snails finished off most of the previous lot.

Went up the allotment and noticed that asparagus beetles have come in great numbers when I wasn't watching, so spent half an hour squashing them all.

Leave a comment:

• Chestnut
    replied
    Popped to the plot very briefly to water stuff in the greenhouse , as the drips from the roof aren’t in the right position to water the tomatoes ;-)

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Rainy afternoon here.
    Tied up the tomatoes and pukked some weeds.
    Too wet to do much else in the garden.
    At least all the water butts are full again.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Not achieved much, shopped, exercised, tied in my toms, sown cress seeds then some General house work.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    We have a cooler day, so watered raised beds and cut grass, leaving some daisies for the bees, then went for a bike ride.

Leave a comment:

• bikermike
    replied
    watched the rain... had to empty a few pots out as the plants were almost floating...

I suspect the beetroot I planted on the weekend won't make it...

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Today I carried on emptying out last years tomato plant compost from pots into a compost bag,then filled the pots with older compost from round the side of the house & planted out four more tomato plants & two mini peppers,I think we had rain in the night,I just watered the blowaway plants & one potato plant. Took some sideshoots off the tomatoes. Something’s eating my lettuce,I’m going out with a torch now,second time tonight...

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Went slug hunting at the allotment again (had about an hour and a half of torrential rail early this afternoon; now it's sunny again).

Pollinated my second squash flower (I tied it and a male flower bud off yesterday, so that the rain wouldn't get it. They were nice and dry today when I untied them).

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Today I planted out one climbing courgette shooting star,one diva cucumber with petunia & two lettuce next to some tomatoes. I might check snails are leaving it all alone soon. Watered all the pots & new plantings. Tied in some tomatoes & pinched some sideshoots out. Six more cucumbers have germinated,they’re indoors at the mo,temperature looks good this week.

Leave a comment:

• bikermike
    replied
    Picked some spuds - they should all be Sharpes Express, but some small waxy ones in there, which I assume are Charlottes, but I didn't dig any charlotte plants up... maybe outliers

picked some garlic - and found out the pencil-on-lolly-stick will not last a few seasons... I think they are Tuscan Red, but they might be saved, interlopers or something else.

picked the last of the broad beans - they have been a real success this year.

did some weeding and generally enjoyed being on the plot in the sunshine.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Today I mowed the front lawn & weeded it then watered the pots in the back garden,all the plants in the ground I’ve recently planted & fruit trees. I planted two courgettes & one inca gold squash. Pulled out two wilted cucumbers they were only tiny so it’s not bad. Pulled out a few red onions that were really small & had a tuna & red onion sandwich it was really nice

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Yesterday I planted out my runners and dwarf french beans and potted up my aubergines and peppers. Today I planted out my sweetcorn, lettuces, beetroots and spring onions. Really need to go out and get more compost.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Planted my last sweet potato plant in a big pot on my patio. Don't know if it's really warm and sunny enough, but it's better than sending it to the compost heap.
    Also planted three of my spare pepper plants into big pots for the patio.

Planted out 6 kale plants at the allotment.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    My cucumber plants are looking a bit sad & droopy so I sowed about six more pots & potted on about eight broccoli seedlings. Planted up a pot of black cherry tomato with mini pepper & a pot of German lunchbox tomato with mini pepper,they’re on the patio.
    Last edited by Jungle Jane; 11-06-2020, 08:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X