X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Last couple of days I've been mostly potting on cucs, courgettes and my toms, hopefully that will be the last time before they go in the GH borders and outdoor beds.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    I got some seeds delivered today, so sowed the wild flower selection for the bog garden round the new pond(no idea what they are), sowed some more French beans and also some cabbage savoy D'Aubervilliers, I've not grown any brassicas for a couple of years, but these caught my eye and I should have a bit of ground for them later that is netted.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Sowed some more radishes.

Put up one of many bean frames.

Emptied out my compost bin, and spent a couple hours picking out the larger undecomposed bits (mainly twigs, grass stumps and dead strawberry plants), then spreading the rest on where I'll be planting the beans and the squash.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Covered my potatoes, oca and grape vines to protect them from the frost tonight. I didn't have enough fleece, so the potatoes are covered with a double layer of insect mesh instead. It's not ideal, but the weather says it's only going down to 2 degrees, so they should be alright.

Pulled out my seeding daikon radishes, and dug the whole bed over. I shall be planting beans there soon.

Leave a comment:

• Plot70
    replied
    Cauliflower and kale planted out. They tend to get heat stress in hot weather so they went in.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Repotted three pepper plants.

Earthed up the last of my potatoes.

Dug over and edged with roof tiles the last section of the bed I have my potatoes in. I shall be growing tomatoes and peppers in that bit.

Leave a comment:

• Right Shed Fred
    replied
    Lift the plank off my carrot seeds
    plant more radish (direct sown)

Weed under the blackberries and raspberries
    Try to kill the unhappy rhubarb, harvest from the happier rhubarb.
    Plant some white cornflowers (direct sown) for the pollinators
    Harvest my first ever real spinach - soft and delicate, amazing
    Harvest chard and some stalks of walking onions to use like chives
    Cobbled together a construction to net the strawberries once I think the pollination is over...

Pot up the new perennial kales from eBay

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Potted my two cucumbers into their final pots.
    Sowed some kale seeds in pots.

Lined the big bed at the allotment with roof tiles.

Harvested some nettles to make nettle feed with.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Finally finished digging the big bed! Although I still need to edge one side with roof tiles, and also fork in some garden compost and poultry manure all over.

Leave a comment:

• bario1
    replied
    Gave everything (inside and out) a bit of a water - will it ever rain?? Used the last dribble of saved rainwater to relieve my parched blueberries. Potted up 10 sad looking strawberry ‘plants’ that arrived in the post this morning... not impressed with them. Planted two potatoes in the polytunnel! Planted out a courgette plant under a cloche. Left 100 other jobs undone.

Leave a comment:

• MartinRSharpe
    replied
    Finally (yey!) got the greenhouse relocation project "finished". There are a couple of tidy up bits to do such as replacing some of the horrible twinwall (it cleans to vaguely translucent yellow) that are on the triangle pieces with some of the offcuts but the GH is functional again :-)

Fitted a new automatic window opener tube/piston to the greenhouse and got the heaters working again.

Filled up half the greenhouse staging with the overflowing number of plants I had pretty much everywhere.

8x Tomatoes potted up into their final pots.
    Lots of pumpkins and squash potted up.

Started to spread out and sort through the rest of the seedlings/small plants now I have a little space again!

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02694.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	693.3 KB
ID:	2494680
    Potted on some spare tommies into their final pots and also some chillies into their final pots too
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02697.JPG
Views:	246
Size:	598.2 KB
ID:	2494681

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    More digging.
    Earthed up the potatoes again.
    Noticed my newly planted mangetout had some sun scorch,so I rigged up some shading for them.

Leave a comment:

• Mark_Riga
    replied
    Had a look at the other site people had been talking about but didn't like their privacy policy or terms of service. Seemed a bit dodgy to me.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    More digging at the allotment. Nearly done now (the big bed, that is).
    Weeded the raspberry bed. A lot of weeds, but the pulled out easily. Lots and lots of new raspberry canes, too. Need to thin them, I think.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X