X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burnie
    replied
    This long distance gardening a bit of a problem, out of multi purpose compost and I don't have any homemade left, managed to get an order which will be delivered from a local garden centre. Tried getting some seeds on line, a lot not available until September, managed to get some stuff ordered.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Originally posted by Right Shed Fred View Post
    Fretted about whether my little cape gooseberry seedlings might actually grow properly and yield fruit this year - hopefully third time lucky with the cape gooseberries for me!
    They're surely doing better than mine.
    I sowed them over a month ago, at the same time as the tomatillos. The tamatillos were up in just over a week. They're very closely related, so you'd think they'd grow at more or less the same rate, but none of them germinated. I ordered some more seed, and sowed it 12 days ago. It's in my heated propagator, but nothing doing. I have another packet, from a third supplier, which I shall sow from as a last ditch attempt if the previous lot don't show in the next couple days.

Leave a comment:

• Right Shed Fred
    replied
    Put up a wigwam for the runner beans with my small helper

Popped some composted manure mulch on a few beds which I should really have done last autumn - oops

Potted out my new perennial kales (Taunton Dean and Dauberton), felt sad one got crushed in the post

Potted on my tomatillos (tomatilloes?! Sp?!) and squash.

Fretted about whether my little cape gooseberry seedlings might actually grow properly and yield fruit this year - hopefully third time lucky with the cape gooseberries for me!

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Potted up four more sweet potato cuttings. I now have 16 plants.
    Sowed a few more sweetcorn, as some of the first batch are looking rather stunted (all germinated within 3 days of each other, but some are 3 inches tall whereas others are barely even half an inch).

Planted out some mangetout at the allotment.

More digging.

Leave a comment:

• Plot70
    replied
    I finished off by runner bean trellis and put up some canes under trees for a few left over plants.
    I had to make it all out of salvaged parts due to the garden centers being shut.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Housework
    Then ..
    Split some potted plants that were pot bound
    Sowed some more salad
    Pricked out black eyed Susan or is it susie I've grown
    Shuffled window ledges
    Covered things in gh incase there is a frost

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Repotted my six tomatillo plants, along with two more chillis and my remaining watermelon.

Earthed up potatoes.

Constructed a frame for my tall peas.

More digging.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Repotted basil and parsley plants
    Potted on rudbeckia
    Watered some tubs and then the heavens opened

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Repotted my tomato plants, and planted out 12 module-raised lettuce plants.

Cut a load of comfrey to make comfrey tea.

More digging.

Leave a comment:

• Sweet savory
    replied
    Dug out last but 1 of psb.
    Planted out a calabrese that looked ready to go.
    Sowed another (4th) half row of parsnips and searched in vain for signs of life in the other 3 half rows (over 3 weeks old now). Patience needed.
    Also sowed more carrots berlicum under a cloche as the soil seemed nice and damp from the recent rain.
    Noticed 2 red onion sets had gone to seed so marked them and nipped off the flower spike.

Leave a comment:

• bikermike
    replied
    Beans in and frame built yesterday
    Dug out the dalek, filled up my troughs for the greenhouse.
    Potted on my butternut squash and some tomatoes (got about 30 going now).

Even sieved some compost to make fines for potting seeds in small pots.

Leave a comment:

• muckdiva
    replied
    Potted on Sungold and Shirley tomatoes, and Black Beauty and Halflange Violette Aubergines. Best bit was settling them into their new home - a freebie timber and polycarbonate grow house that I found on social media earlier this year.

Oh, and picked up some bedding plants from a local nursery who are now offering click and collect.

Fab day
    Last edited by muckdiva; 02-05-2020, 09:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Weeded one of two strawberry beds.

More digging in the big bed. I'm over three-quarters done now.

Leave a comment:

• Bonjour
    replied
    Planted out a block of 27 Sundance sweet corn, 6 courgettes, (3 yellow, 3 dark green) and 3 Crown Prince squash in their own little horse manure oases.

Trimmed out side shoots on my tomato plants.

Replaced a couple of sickly-looking Cavollo Nero plants with spares.

Hoeing, watering.

Leave a comment:

• Bonjour
    replied
    Planted out a block of 27 Sundance sweet corn, 6 courgettes, (3 yellow, 3 dark green) and 3 Crown Prince squash in their own little horse manure oases.

Trimmed out side shoots on my tomato plants.

Replaced a couple of sickly-looking Cavollo Nero plants with spares.

Hoeing, watering.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X