This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
    Mixed feelings about this one: a pair of Mallard ducks have just taken off from one of our flooded fields, where I was hoping to grow chickpeas and black-eyed beans this year.

Great to see the ducks. Great that my joke about expecting to see ducks was in fact a prophecy. Great they've flown off, though, as the dogs would have had them eventually. Fed up that there's absolutely no chance of using the valley floor for growing in this year and that our pear trees are likely to be killed off, possibly even our quince tree.
    Oh dear ...bad timing
    Northern England.

Comment

• Its raining - first time for weeks. The garden needs it and so do the waterbutts.

Comment

• Rain all gone here now , but in the early hours we had a wonderful thunderstorm
        Sooo exciting!!!!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Cowslips have returned in my wildflower meadowy patch (I doubt you can imagine how great that is for me cowslips have pretty much hated me for years and I have sown/planted so many over the years so to see a good half dozen is a miracle, maybe I should buy a lottery ticket - ha ha that would be pushing it)

Learning that the flies in my garden 1. have a name (thanks Nicos) and 2. are actually a good thing

Loads of butterflies holly blue, orange tipped, brimstone, peacock and tortoiseshell.

Loads and loads and loads of eggs

Cute chicks

and loads more.....

Comment

• Two things today !
            Seeing our first swallows -just now -yup 2 of them
            And last night hearing the frogs' chorus from the nearby river.
            Bliss

Comment

• Big fat apricot fruitlets and almost past our last frost date. I may finally get apricots this year.

Rain (just hope it is enough to help).

Another pleasant (well with one exception) shopping trip completed for a couple of weeks.

Comment

• I recon a holly blue is what we saw tother day down the plot,not seen one for a very long time,
                the brassica i pricked out look good this morning,all standing to attention,
                after a mean start it looks a bit brighter outside,hope it is when i go out again,more pricking out,the tom seeds are at last showing,
                the best thing is we are still safe and well,
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• It makes me happy that there are some really nice thoughtful people around. It restores my faith (to a degree) in human nature.

Comment

• Finding a bar of soap at the back of a clothes drawer

Doesn't sound very exciting but when you're down to the last bar and don't go shopping, its like finding treasure..

Comment

• Yesterday I spotted a lone (obviously self-seeded) lettuce in one of my beds. I guess we're having salad in the next few days. Don't you just love Mother Nature?
                      Thinking about it I really fancy making a prawn cocktail with it.

Comment

• All the delivery van drivers still working.

It's my Mum's birthday today, and family can't visit. She's 102 years young and already we've had 5 deliveries of flowers and chocolates, plus the postman delivered a package plus cards too. Bless them all, they've made my Mum very happy.
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Please wish your Mum a Happy Birthday, MH, from me and I'm sure, all the other grapes.
                          She's a very special lady and I hope she has a wonderful day.xx

Click image for larger version

Name:	797685_hres.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	2387058

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            Please wish your Mum a Happy Birthday, MH, from me and I'm sure, all the other grapes.
                            She's a very special lady and I hope she has a wonderful day.xx
                            Thank you VC. She is indeed a very special lady and much cherished by all her family.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Many congrats to your mom from me too MH
                              Hope she has a lovely day.

I'm happy cos I've spotted a few baby plums on one of my plum trees!
                              Little things eh...little things

Comment

• Happy Birthday to her from me too x x x

My happies

looks like this year will potentially make up for last years pants fruit crop.
                                My norfolk everlasting sweet peas have popped. Was starting to panic - I now suspect species ones take longer than annuals.
                                Teachers being kind, understanding and supportive. Big Yay to teachers.
                                Continued fab weather

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X