This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornings,
    Hope everyone is having a better start to the day, than me - Sciatica played up last night, so I'm a bit meh! this morning.
    Must finish the ironing, though, even if it means sitting down to do it

Have a good'un!

Comment

• Good morning all. another grey day but its mild.
      Taking my granddaughter out for lunch today as it's her birthday on Sunday.
      She is not sure what she wants for a gift think it will be sore feet by the time we get home.
      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all,sunny and dry here,very mild,i bet we gona suffer later on,fairy busy,MR out for the morning,my head busy doing the rounds of things to do,it's good to have a plan in place,for when time arrives,hope to get the bed bases next week,then i can sort the room for the best,it feel like camping out,with just a mattress on the floor,but at least i am sleeping that much better,apart for wild dreams,have a good day and Bgood2yrselves.
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon!
          No gardening after all...but been crocheting cotton dishcloths for my daughter.
          Been nice just sitting infront of the fire creating something simple, useful and eco friendly
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Nicos I'm another one who makes handmade dishcloths mine are knitted I never mastered crocheting.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Just back after a long aperitif session at a relatively nearby neighbour's. Fortunately there were nibbles as well!
              Had a longish walk back as got driven only part of the way. Starting to get a bit chilly to be trudging the hills and valleys. Nice though despite the cold wind.

Now have to make spag bol sauce to take round to the friend up the valley's place. Bit aperitifed out to be cooking. No idea how as I drank mostly water. Would much rather have a nap. Early night tonight is called for.

Have a nice evening, everyone.

Comment

• Had a lovely lunch and an expensive shopping afternoon with my granddaughter.
                Her taste is starting to change and suddenly she is interested in clothes.
                She will be 15 on Sunday.
                Home now with tired feet and lighter pockets, but, she's worth it.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                  Had a lovely lunch and an expensive shopping afternoon with my granddaughter.
                  Her taste is starting to change and suddenly she is interested in clothes.
                  She will be 15 on Sunday.
                  Home now with tired feet and lighter pockets, but, she's worth it.
                  I love going out with my oldest granddaughter. We have a monthly lunch date. This is additional to family events. She's only just 21 and made me a great grandma, her brother added to it less than a year later!! But I dread going shopping with her or her mum (my daughter). I spend too much money on stuff I love but will rarely wear.
                  "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

• I noticed that Flummery is 70 today. She hasn't been on the vine for ages (hope she is OK) I used to like her posts. Pointless wishing her happy birthday officially, but unofficially many happy returns from I.
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Evening all.

Had another spell crawling under the eves of the house this morning laying cable for my retired electrician brother to wire in some external led lamps at the back of the house. I then performed the roll of sudo apprentice sparky i.e. I watched while he wired.

My poor old muscles are aching though. Amazing how you forget which muscles you have till you have used them

Comment

• I have been trying to sort out a ramping system to try and get OH in a wheelchair into the house through the French windows when she eventually gets out of hospital.

We have six steps to the front door so that's a no-go and only three staggered steps to the back door/French windows which seems the best bet.
                        I've even been looking at portable ramps and may see if the council can lend me some. They are coming on Monday to fit arm rests to the downstairs loo, deliver a zimmer frame, a high stool for the kitchen and a thicker cushion for the two seater couch to enable her to get up a bit easier.

I'll knobble them when they come and try and tap them for a portable ramp!
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Snadge, sorry to hear about your OH's situation. I'd also be trying to get them to install permanent ramps or similar.

Comment

• Sorry to hear this, Snadger. Hope she gets better soon.
                            My Mum has been provided with lots of different equipment over the last couple of years - its amazing what is available when needed. The Zimmer frames with a tray on the top were good as she could put her tea/food on the tray and move it to another room without spilling it.

Comment

• Morning All

Went to bed feeling fine, awoke this morning feeling like %$&t.

Still nothing in comparison to others ailments, hopeyougett the access and egress sorted Snadger

Hope a good Saturday all

Comment

• Morning its raining but its supposed to clear soon. Hope you get the ramps and other aids sorted Snadger.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X