This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Mild here but breezy and getting a little brighter.
    Nothing planned for today except go to church.
    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. Bit wet and breezy but hey it's winter and there is no snow. I've been out and watered the onions and I've also put a wee skim of plaster over a minor repair in the back porch where a hole had to be cut in the ceiling so that new cables could be drawn for our super duper LED outside lights.

Hospital visiting this aft. My elderly aunt has had a recurrence of a urine infection which for the second time recently knocked her doolally.

I'll have to ask Rary if old age has affected him that way. I've got a way to go before I reach that stage I hope

Comment

• Good afternoon, occasional showers with a cold wind blowing today not long home from church and intend going out to the greenhouse to make up my bench, though I need to level of my supporting bench first, so depending how long it takes me for that whither I finish today or not, AP I don't know about old age affecting as I am not old though I have suffered from a urinary infection so be careful as it can be bad, even for us younger folk and I see you are going to put up some lights can I suggest that if you can site a light with a proximity switch on it that shines into your bedroom when it comes on, I have one that does that and it works as I had nipped out to the greenhouse late one night and when I came back in OH was standing waiting for me as she had awakened by it, she wasn't to happy but it showed that it works, so now going to put one up at the back of the house so it will show if anyone is out the back or on my roof, enjoy you day Folks
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
          Good afternoon, occasional showers with a cold wind blowing today not long home from church and intend going out to the greenhouse to make up my bench, though I need to level of my supporting bench first, so depending how long it takes me for that whither I finish today or not, AP I don't know about old age affecting as I am not old though I have suffered from a urinary infection so be careful as it can be bad, even for us younger folk and I see you are going to put up some lights can I suggest that if you can site a light with a proximity switch on it that shines into your bedroom when it comes on, I have one that does that and it works as I had nipped out to the greenhouse late one night and when I came back in OH was standing waiting for me as she had awakened by it, she wasn't to happy but it showed that it works, so now going to put one up at the back of the house so it will show if anyone is out the back or on my roof, enjoy you day Folks
          I have two outdoor lights ready to be put up when I get around to it. One is for area by front door which is a fancy Victorian street light type with a PIR on it and the other is for the back garden which I will just wire to a switch and use if needed. I have bought the long drills to drill through the cavity wall but that is as far as I have got. A job for when it warms up a bit methinks.
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good evening, well that's my propagating bed made and the heating cable in still need to put an other couple of bags of sand on so will get those tomorrow, now need to tidy up the greenhouse and OH is making some comments about tidying up my cupboard and my wardrobe and my socks drawer then the garden has to be tidy this year, listening to her you would think I horde, which I don't, I keep things just in case it might be needed and for the things she says I just leave lying around, that's not true they are left like that so that I can see at a glance where things are. Enjoy your week and pass on a smile. Goodnight
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• ^^^^ my whole house is like that rary

(And most of it is my 'stuff')
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Cold. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornings,
                  Bit of brightness out there this morning, mild and breezy. Undecided what to do today, 2nd cuppa might help with that
                  Have a good'un

Comment

• Morning it looks like we're going to have a dry day here
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Last day for 'doing 'friend's cats....very sweet !

Off to hospital for annual check up ,then a swim ,then shopping to take things back to the UK.
                      Am going at stupido'clock Wednesday for a couple of weeks and some of the places I'm going have no internet...so I won't be popping in as much as usual

I'm setting up a Heath Robinson contraption of a self filling kettle so you can help yourselves to a cuppa each morning

See ya later peeps...
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, late on parade again, not sleeping too well, gall stones playing up. We have a glorious frosty and sunny start to the day with freezing fog, I ought to be out with my camera really.

Comment

• Good morning g all.
                          It's a lovely bright sunny morning g with a 7deg temp.
                          Nothing planned for today but I am sure something will come to mind.
                          Have a good day all.
                          Nicos, enjoy your trip to the UK.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning, nice sunny start here. Not for long, but no rain due
                            Quiet weekend, back to wok today
                            Enjoy yourselves
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good morning, cold with occasional showers today, was out a walk with the dog and got caught in a shower, then out in the garden and an other one came on so now trapped into washing floors in the house, and I have just noted that the back if my hand is bleeding,front know how that happened that's the third this past week need to start wearing gloves when out in the garden, enjoy your day what ever the weather, and remember, smile, things could be worse

Comment

• Temps have warmed up here too. Due to get cloudy and cold later this week, possibly even snow. Hard to believe given the blue skies and the odd tufty cloud that we've got now.

Not much news. Just back from the doctor's. Still breathing, so that's a good sign.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X