Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken pieces roasted in spices, onion, saffron and honey, cauliflower done in some spicy manner or other and Mr B's sourdough wraps. Looking forward to them.

Only another three whopper caulis, two caulis now only suitable for soup and another one that hasn't quite reached giant size to go...

Will probably make some rolls for us and people down the valley, who did a massive favour for me yesterday (lorry drivers strike - called off this morning - was on the cards for the run-up to Christmas, so they did a load of food shopping for me).

Comment

• I've got some braising steak in the slow cooker with onion, mushrooms, carrots and celery and parsnip. We'll probably have it with mashed potato and swede and cabbage.
      ..and beetroot, nearly forgot it again.
      Last edited by greenishfing; 18-12-2021, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• Snoop Puss you'll have to let us know how you get on with the wraps (hope they turn out OK for you )

Pork and spinach curry for us in chapattis with rocket.
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Mr Bones, fantastic flavour. I think I need to get better at the cooking side of things as they came out either not properly cooked inside or a bit tough from being overdone. I'm definitely trying again, though. The taste is amazing.

Leftovers today. Hooray.

Plus a sourdough loaf and the soft rolls I didn't get around to yesterday.

Comment

• Today prawn, mushroom, sweetcorn and pea risotto.

Some cooked braised steak left over from yesterday. I'm going to turn it into potted meat with the addition of melted butter, nutmeg, pepper, allspice and some leftover gravy, so easy in the food processor. I love potted meat and tomato sandwiches (childhood memories of my grandma).

Comment

• Potted beef!…..mmmm…. Do you have an actual recipe for that or is it by eye?

Roasted Poussin with Savoy cabbage and jacket sweet potato.
              Pomelo for pud.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                Potted beef!…..mmmm…. Do you have an actual recipe for that or is it by eye?

Roasted Poussin with Savoy cabbage and jacket sweet potato.
                Pomelo for pud.
                By eye and taste. About a quarter weight of butter to meat, spices to taste and enough gravy to moisten.

Comment

• Thanks x

my granny used to make it all the time.
                  The nearest thing we have over here is Rillette but it’s more fibrous and fatty.
                  Last edited by Nicos; 19-12-2021, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                    they came out a bit tough
                    They are usually on the tough side - plenty of chew / bite. Must admit it's what I like about home made flatbreads and chapatis.
                    Last edited by Mr Bones; 19-12-2021, 01:17 PM.
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Corned beef pie with mush peas and gravy.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post

They are usually on the tough side - plenty of chew / bite. Must admit it's what I like about home made flatbreads and chapatis.
                        Mr Snoop likes these things a bit softer. I thought they were great. We both really liked the flavour. Miles better than shop-bought ones.

Comment

• Prawns in sweet chilli sauce, stir-fried veg and noodles.
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                            Corned beef pie with mush peas and gravy.
                            Back to late to start baking so we had fish, chips and peas from the chippy instead.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Leftovers for lunch again. Hooray. Not sure about supper, but something very easy for sure.

Another Weekend Bakery sourdough loaf, this one for us.

Comment

• Veggie stir fry.

clementines for pud

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X