Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterdays Toad in the hole didn't happen, so today we're have a Paprika sausage casserole, with carrots, parsnips, JA's, peas and shelled beans.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Quick change of plan all as above ^^^^^ but roast veg with olives and feta instead of the cabbage.
      might as well make the most of a hot wood stove eh?

I’ve also got defrosting some puff pastry so I will be making a couple of quiches- maybe to freeze….
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
        Crustless quiches with tomato salad. Apple crumble and custard to scratch the itch that started days back when nick the grief started on about puddings. The custard will be Birds Eye.
        Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        Roast squash soup followed by Savoy cabbage with lardons and chopped apple , then followed by rice pudding
        ( and yes - I blame that ntg for my slight digression from my diet) - any excuse eh?
        I've led a few ladies astray over the years ... mainly with my talking about puddings

I had a very healthy (and boring) Chicken caserole thing Mrs G did from one of her slimming world cook books ... It was OK and it was loaded with veg but it just lacked a bit of taste... even slathered in HP sauce.

Luckily we're off for a quick sojurn to pembrokeshire in a couple of weeks so that will be a week of long walks and fish and chips and theres a superb cakeshop. so forget the diet
        Last edited by Mr Bones; 02-08-2022, 06:23 AM. Reason: Mod edit - choice of phrase
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

• Tonight tagliatelle bolognese, salad, garlic bread and a good handful of parmesan. To be washed down with a couple of glasses of red wine.

Comment

• Well, we had none of what was planned. Not even the crumble. A large helping of cauliflower cheese and a veggie burger. I won't bother with the burger next time. The cauliflower cheese was just the job on its own.

Comment

• umm wasnt healthy today... didnt get my sunday breakfast so had it for dinner today: Fried eggs, bacon,Black Pudding ,Mushrooms,grilled tomatoes,hash browns, baked beans and bread and butter to clear the plate.... damn is was good lol

Comment

• A one pan dish last night of Bacon, onion, tomato, garlic and cabbage served with oven crisped leftover roast veg and fusilli.
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Savoy cabbage with lardons and chopped fresh apple ( frustratingly a bought one)
                  side salad of chopped toms and the last of our cucumber with mozzarella

stewed nectarines for pud
                  Last edited by Nicos; 02-11-2021, 08:08 AM.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Cheese, roasted tom and basil omelettes with salad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trev-P View Post
                      umm wasnt healthy today... didnt get my sunday breakfast so had it for dinner today: Fried eggs, bacon,Black Pudding ,Mushrooms,grilled tomatoes,hash browns, baked beans and bread and butter to clear the plate.... damn is was good lol
                      All well and good the rest of describing our meals. But what we really want was what you had, Trev-P!

So, today. Lunch will be veggie burger, broccoli and carrots. And supper will be yet more cauliflower cheese. Doesn't feel too bad having a great load of cheese sauce on it if we're not having anything else. And the caulis are monsters. Two more already desperate to be picked...

Comment

• Tonight, after checking the dates on everything in the fridge, and discovering I'd some steak that wants either using or freezing, is going to be steak, potato boulangère, courgette fritters and maybe a few onion rings in beer batter and baked tomatoes.

Comment

• Salmon, beetroot, bulb fennel (braised in butter and lime juice) and celeriac mashed with Dijon mustard.
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Veggie soup with a slice of sourdough followed by Jam sponge and custard.

Comment

• Minestrone soup.

Comment

• Yesterday's meal changed slightly with my husband convincing me that "proper" homemade chips would be really nice with the steak instead of potatoes...... they were.
                                Tonight I had already decided was going to be something made with chicken. I had already been trying to decide. Curry? Sweet and Sour? Pie? Goujons? After reading this thread and seeing that everyone is making soup I've decided to be a copycat. Chicken and vegetable soup. The breadmaker has just finished making a loaf of "italian" bread (made with olive oil) so we'll have some of that with the soup. Proper Autumn food.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X