Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fishmongers at the supermarket had absolutely no customers ahead of me. A first. So sea bass with salad and julien potato cake.

Comment

• Lightly cooked lambs liver and onions in sourdough wraps with lettuce, fresh toms and sweet pepper.
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Scallops and spinach in a spicy creamy sauce with pasta.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Sea bream with salad and julienne potato cake (we ended up having the bass with flageolets, leeks, courgettes and toms).

Also, and this is a bit weird, I'm going to try making a bread and butter pudding with ginger loaf. It came out very dry for some reason and needs a bit of a helping hand.

Comment

• Lamb and bean casserole using defrosted nettle soup as a stock to cook it in.

I like the idea of gingerbread and butter pudding Snoop.
            Could you use oranges as the fruit?

Comment

• Just an idea. When I make bread and butter pudding after buttering the bread I always give it a good dollop of home made marmalade too. I find it helps keep it nice and moist.

Comment

• Great ideas. Especially the marmalade. Ginger and orange are a great combination. Full steam ahead, then, on that! Thanks.

Comment

• I've just made some pastry, so tonight is going to be chicken and mushroom pie, mashed potatoes, carrots, runner beans and gravy. Proper comfort food.

Comment

• Our usual Saturday evening tagliatelle, bol, garlic bread, pesto and parmesan.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Sunday will be left overs of tonight’s supper.
                      Might make a trifle for pud.

Comment

• We ended up having doro wat with lentils yesterday. Somebody came round with a bag full of yogurts, so I had to cook up a whole load of chicken for the freezer to make space for them. Bream today. Plus the ginger bread and butter pud.

Comment

• Corned beef pie this evening with mushy peas and onion gravy.

I cooked a slow cookers full of peas so there's plenty for the freezer.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Tonight will be steak with a pepper sauce or mushroom sauce, garlic bread, sweetcorn, maybe beer battered onion rings and tomato, pesto and mozzarella bake. Hopefully a handful of Padron peppers as well.

Comment

• Pork and cracking, roast tatties, carrots and beetroot. All veg from the garden.

Comment

• Steak and chips. Special request from Mr Snoop for his birthday. Not sure what greenery to add to it. I know if I ask he'll say Brussels sprouts or broad beans. Seems a bit unconventional, but it is his birthday. If I don't ask, I could do mushrooms and some baked tomatoes.

Pud: he's asked for cheesecake. We're getting a bit old to have that after steak and chips. But it is his birthday...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X