Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday went all awry. Must at least roast some toms with basil.

Lunch today: sweet corn and salad.
    Supper: courgette koftas with stir fry veg. Wonder if I can get away with putting courgetti in with the stir fry...

Comment

• some sort of pasta with a tomato sauce
      "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
      - Henry Beard

Comment

• Change of plan!
        I did manage to get some kidney but it’s too late now for me to prepare steak and kidney pie as OH has commandeered the kitchen for a massive bread making sesh.

So, tonight will be defrosted salmon quiche and corn on the cob. ( maybe chips…..) followed by sheep milk from age blanc and honey
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Bit of a mixed medley last night but it all worked well together - 13 items of home grown in one meal
          Potato wedges, beetroot, toms with basil, courgettes with garlic, roasted aubergines, carrot sticks, cucumber filled with cottage cheese, hot wax peppers filled with cream cheese, sweetcorn, CFB's and a couple of figs.

Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• So, more toms to be prepared for the freezer.

Just me today, so probably some kind of tortilla for lunch.

Supper: the stir-fry we should have had yesterday. I made a loaf yesterday (the barley loaf) and it smelled so nice Mr Snoop asked for sandwiches instead.

On the Cornish fairings front, I might see if I can find a Paul Hollywood recipe and give that a try. Have tried two recipes so far in this trial plus one other a while back. Will report findings after Paul Hollywood's...

Comment

• Snoop have you seen this recipe its from the National Trust Teatime Baking book

https://therosielife.wordpress.com/2...irings-recipe/

We're having the same as yesterday cheesy hot dog wraps with salad, I did baked squash as a side dish.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Ended up having Sausage, Egg and Chips last night so it will be some sort of pasta tonight
                - Henry Beard

Comment

• Steak and kidney pie with hopefully puff pastry topping , mashed spuds and peas.

I’m anticipating we’ll be too full for a pud!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                    Snoop have you seen this recipe its from the National Trust Teatime Baking book

https://therosielife.wordpress.com/2...irings-recipe/

We're having the same as yesterday cheesy hot dog wraps with salad, I did baked squash as a side dish.
                    Oh dear, oh good: another recipe to try! This one looks promising. Makes more biscuits than the others I've tried so far. That's a good start.

Trying not to look up the book itself on Amazon...

Edited to add: I looked it up on Abebooks... Oops.
                    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 24-08-2021, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Bulgar with feta and lotty veg (including cuke cooked with fish sauce and maggi seasoning - fave at the mo )
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Update.....the steak and kidney was perfect!

The pastry I would choose to add more butter layers next time as ot wasn't as light as I'd hoped. Tasted good though!

Comment

• Steak and kidney pie!!!! I am feeling really jealous now.

We had tagliatelle bolognese with garlic bread, salad and a good handful of parmesan. It was good but steak and kidney pie is really tempting my tastebuds. Aaaarrrggghhh!!!!

Comment

• Pop over- We have enough for tomorrow evening too!

Comment

• We ended up with a ready meal last night. Pepper pasta tonight
                              - Henry Beard

Comment

• The rest of the steak and kidney pie but tonight served with our french climbing beans.
                                We’ve enough to sink a ship!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X