Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might go mad today: chicken and chorizo 'paella'.

Yet more bread. Jeffrey Hamelman's toast bread recipe. Dangerously good. Even one of the cats likes it. And I don't think it's just for the butter on it. I suspect supper will be toast and marmelade...

Edited to say: spicy food seemed necessary, so doro wat and misir wat instead. Tee hee for me. Doro wat from the freezer and misir wat takes next to no time in the pressure cooker. Am a bit stuffed...
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 02-05-2021, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Today is the day: I shall finally attempt Nigella's infamous banana peel curry (with added greens).
      Still undecided if with rice or chapattis

Comment

• Tonight is going to be salmon baked with lemon and capers, roast vegetables, couscous, homemade tartare sauce and hopefully some of our own asparagus.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelanieSW View Post
          Today is the day: I shall finally attempt Nigella's infamous banana peel curry (with added greens).
          Still undecided if with rice or chapattis
          I’d be interested in your thoughts on the curry. Very interesting!

oh...rice AND chapattis!

For me bbq pork fillets with creamy pasta sauce
          Ice cream and mango for pud
          Last edited by Nicos; 02-05-2021, 10:31 AM.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

I’d be interested in your thoughts on the curry. Very interesting!

oh...rice AND chapattis!
            Hot of the press - I can report back that banana skin works well in curry. They are in the background, look and behave a bit like cooked down aubergines, with only a very little hint of banana.

I accessorised with homemade Kenyan chapattis, I'd forgotten how wonderfully delicious they are (richer and flakier than Indian chapattis ). It must be a couple of years since I last made them.

Comment

• Last night we had steak with roasts and a fresh tomato sauce with olives and basil, salad on the side.

Tonight chicken tagine style with rice and extra veg.
              Northern England.

Comment

• Glad the curry was a success, MelanieSW. Those chapattis sound good. I shall have to give them a go.

Supper tonight will be roast pork from the freezer with whatever fresh veg that Mr Snoop comes home with from the shops that seem appropriate.

Hallelujah: no bread. Could do with a 'proper' pud, though. Might think about apple and mincemeat crumble if I can find the time.

Comment

• Tuna pasta bake this evening.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Had the borlotti casserole last night with the last of the red kale, asparagus and sourdough flatbreads. Have just chillified the leftovers and put the slow cooker back on, will have it later with grated cheddar, brown rice and salad.
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Liver and onions tonight with steamed veg and gnocchi

Custard and cinnamon apple for pud.

Comment

• The chapattis do sound good. I've just googled them. The apple and mincemeat crumble that Snoop is having also sounded great.
                        we are having tagliatelle bolognese, salad, garlic bread, a good handful of parmesan and a bottle of red.
                        Tiny Mayday pudding (a.k.a.Christmas pudding) and brandy cream.

Comment

• Thai green curry featuring fish.

Comment

• Like the look of those chapattis Melanie.

Sourdough pizza for us tonight, probably topped with onions, mushrooms and jallies.
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Had yesterday's supper for lunch today. Had a very late lunch and didn't fancy it last night. Didn't make the crumble either, I'm afraid, gf.

About to make an oatmeal, cinnamon and raisin loaf. I expect we'll have some of that for supper.

Comment

• Corned beef pie with mushy peas and onion gravy.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X