Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^Thanks. Back-to-front day today as I'm all over the place with work.

Lunch: some of the green soup from the other day; two puds, a yogurt and an orange.
    Supper: leftover chicken from yesterday with a new round of veg.

Thank goodness for leftovers.

Comment

• A veggie and bean 'cottage pie' with mushy peas and gravy.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Lamb shank, Yorkshire puddings, parsnips, mashed potatoes, carrots, cabbage and gravy.

Comment

• Lunch today: more green soup and an orange or apple.
          Supper: stir-fried chicken and whichever fruit we didn't have at lunch.

Bread. Plus pizza dough. I didn't make it the other day, so no pizza. But we were watching something yesterday and I had to press pause because the family started eating a rubbish-looking take-away pizza and Mr Snoop was all goggle-eyed. Evidently, there had better be pizza on Friday.

Comment

• Veggie curry with rice and homemade naan breads this evening.

Comment

• Don’t normally have lunch but we had cheese on toast , so tonight will be a tumble salad featuring eggs and avacado.
              An orange for pud
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Weird day, so meal tonight had to be reasonably quick. A swift glance in the fridge reminded me I'd bought boneless chicken thighs yesterday. They ended up in a sweet and sour chicken.
                Sweet and Sour Chicken - Nicky's Kitchen Sanctuary https://www.kitchensanctuary.com/swe...-sour-chicken/
                It was amazing. I served it with rice noodles. The chicken was so wonderfully crispy.

Comment

• ^That looks good. I presume any kind of vinegar would do. I shall give that a go some time soon. Thanks.

Comment

• ^^^^ bookmarked...looks lovely gf!

Burgers on homemade baps with a side salad for us.
                    And tinned pineapple for pud ( cos having read gf’s recipe I really fancy them!)
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Didn't manage the stir-fry yesterday, had spaghetti in a sauce featuring tinned mackerel fillets. Part of the Covid stores (along with some tinned pineapple, as it happens). Surprisingly good.

So today
                      Lunch: lentil soup
                      Supper: the stir fry

Didn't make bread yesterday. So must do that today, along with the pizza dough.

Comment

• Just made cottage pie to have with peas and gravy. I'll finish the pineapple leftover from yesterday for pudding. I did consider a pineapple upside down pudding but my jeans are getting a "bit" tight so thought the better of it.

Comment

• King Prawn and Asparagus Risotto for supper tonight
                          "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                          - Henry Beard

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteyd View Post
                            King Prawn and Asparagus Risotto for supper tonight
                            Such a shame I can't beg a portion to be sent through the internet. One day, no doubt.......

Comment

• Morning. On the menu today:

Lunch: Imam bayildi with rice; orange.
                              Supper: Green soup.

Extras: crackers and yogurt and the bread and pizza dough I still haven't made. Getting a bit late for pizza on Friday, but it'll be perfect for Sunday. Might have to make enough for two pizzas... Oh dear. What a shame!

Comment

• Liver and bacon with mashed potatoes carrots and kale.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X