Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunch: saltimboccas with a load of assorted veg; orange for afters (half left for later, they're huge).
    Supper: carrot and coriander soup; yogurt with blueberries.

Comment

• Jacket potatoes, meat balls, beans and salad.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Lunch: chicken dopiaza with spicy courgettes; yogurt for afters
        Supper: leftover carrot and coriander soup; apple.

Extras: buttery biscuits for gifts. With any luck, some left over for us for the weekend.

Comment

• Making from scratch steamed pork buns, other dim sum and spicy noodles.

And , for pud, the rest of that blueberry tart!
          (We often open a tin of lychees but I don’t have any in stock anymore.)

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I was really fancying curry tonight but my husband said he'd rather have something lighter today so plaice fillet, potato dauphinoise, carrots and peas with tartare sauce. Maybe curry at the weekend.

Comment

• Yesterday went awry. Made the biscuits but did not make chicken dopiaza. Fish and salad instead. So...

Lunch: chicken dopiaza with spicy courgettes and a small portion of rice.
              Supper: last of the carrot and coriander soup.

Comment

• Yesterday went a little awry for us too...we ate most of the dim sum we were going to freeze!
                Consequently we were too full to bother with the noodles, so we’ll cook them tonight instead

Mangoes for pud

Comment

• I gave my husband a choice this morning: Roast chicken and assorted veg or prawn and veg curry and naan.
                  He said ...."You choose".
                  I have been fancying curry since yesterday so that's my choice. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Comment

• You make prawn curry a lot gf...do you have a recipe?

It makes me drool every time no matter how proud I am of my humble offerings!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      You make prawn curry a lot gf...do you have a recipe?

It makes me drool every time no matter how proud I am of my humble offerings!
                      Prawn curry is actually one of the few meals I do not make from scratch. I make the cheats version. It is simply veg, today onion, pepper and potato diced small sweated down in oil and then a jar of " butter chicken" sauce with the spice mix on top from aldi. Add the dry spice mix and fry for a few minutes and then add the sauce. Let it simmer gently for about 20 mins and then add frozen raw king prawns and cook for the another 12 minutes.
                      I must say it is one of my favourite meals and requires far less effort than most I make.
                      Last edited by greenishfing; 13-02-2021, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Cheating or not gf...yum!

A ‘red’ themed meal for Valentines Day

Scallops in mild chilli dressing
                        Duck breast served on bed of sweet potato with baked baby toms
                        Cheese with red leaved oak lettuce
                        Followed by 3 desserts on a plate -a raspberry macaron, a strawberry mousse and a chocolate pud served with raspberry couli.

accompanied by a glass or two of fizz with our own raspberries floating inside.

I wonder if that will compensate for him missing his rugby on the tele?

Comment

• Corned beef pie, roast veg, mushy peas and onion gravy for us this evening.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Wowee... Nicos. What a meal. I'd forgotten it was Valentine's Day today. Our first Valentine's Day, Mr Snoop announced well in advance that he didn't do Valentine's Day. Then a few days later, he presented me with a card. And then went around in a miff for days till I gave him something in return. On the right day. He was out by about five days. Anyway, still together. I'd better do something nice today. He's in a bit of a miff again. Lockdown is starting to get to him.

Lunch: paella and something delicious for pud that I can rustle up out of nowhere...
                            Supper: I'll make some courgette and blue cheese soup but not sure if we'll eat any of it.

Comment

• Here’s a simple pud...
                              it’s my OHs favourite!

Its basically 30g chocolate and one egg per person , but it’s not really enough!

I don’t add anything else, and I’ve used all sorts of dark chocolate, including chilli chocolate but white chocolate doesn’t work.

https://www.lovefood.com/recipes/60671/chocolate-mousse

Its nice with grated chocolate on top too

Good thing is that you don’t notice there’s no sugar in it!

Last edited by Nicos; 14-02-2021, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Nicos that Valentine's day feast sounds great. Snoop, that is still making me smile. I have only had a nice Valentine's day surprise once before we were married when my husband was in a different country and got somebody else to organise it. Never mind, it's the little thoughtful things that matter.
                                Today roast chicken, roast parsnips, mashed potato, carrots, french beans and gravy.
                                Maybe a Victoria sponge with jam and cream. As a sop to Valentine's day just wondering if I could cut it into a heart shape after cooking. I think I'll have a go (the chopped off bits can be frozen to be used in the base of a trifle at some point). As I am NOT artistic in any way this could be interesting........

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X