This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds interesting Snoop ^^^

Lunch - bacon and mushroom sandwich on the lotty.
    Tonight - chicken and spinach curry with brown rice, poppadoms and salad.
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• We ended up having ham omelette and salad last night, not veggie burgers. Still got some ham left. It's not something we usually buy, so I don't have any inspiring ideas but it needs using up. Maybe in a ham version of carbonara? Any other ideas out there? Apart from pizza.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
        We ended up having ham omelette and salad last night, not veggie burgers. Still got some ham left. It's not something we usually buy, so I don't have any inspiring ideas but it needs using up. Maybe in a ham version of carbonara? Any other ideas out there? Apart from pizza.
        Ham and something quiche, chicken and ham or mushroom and ham pie or a ham and cheese toastie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
          . Still got some ham left. It's not something we usually buy, so I don't have any inspiring ideas but it needs using up. Maybe in a ham version of carbonara? Any other ideas out there? Apart from pizza.
          Snoop have a look at this site, scroll down to 'find a leftover food recipe' it'll come up with lots of ideas.

https://www.lovefoodhatewaste.com

This evening we're having a Veggie, lentil bean 'cottage' pie.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Ended up last night having burgers on homemade baps with a side salad.

tonight we’re having chicken and mango curry

That recipe sounds lovely Snoop….I’m always up for trying something different.
            We’re a bit of a ‘Ready Steady Cook’ household….looking to see what we have in and making something often without a recipe , or a variation on a theme of a recipe cos we don’t have all the ingredients!

Sliced White Ham? ….Rolled and stuffed ? In a wrap with other salad ingredients ?
            I don’t buy it much to be honest as I’m not keen on having processed foods but when I do I look for nitrate free these days.

If it’s a chunk of roasted gammon ham then itd be lovely in a pasta bake/ carbonara as you say.

Gf’s chicken and ham pie sounds rather yummy…save me a piece will ya if you make one!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Unfortunately, it's the sliced stuff. Toasted sandwiches sounds good. Frankie loves it... Some will go his way and the dogs. Bit salty for Frankie, I imagine. So he won't get much.

Pasta and homemade pesto is winning at the moment. The basil has gone very bushy. Plus salad.

Plus the ring cake I didn't make yesterday. And another one for the neighbours down the valley. And these:
              https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/rec...d-rolls-recipe
              Been wanting to try a tangzhong recipe for a while and these look easy.

Comment

• Veggie risotto, maybe beetroot and grilled cabbage on the side.
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Yesterday, after a total lack of inspiration we ended up having chicken and vegetable curry with naan.
                  Today even less inspiration, but we ended up with pork escalope with sage cream sauce, new potatoes, carrots and French beans.

Comment

• Butternut squash hummus and salad with crackers.

Said crackers and more bread. I don't like the Japanese rolls. Too sweet for my taste. Mr Snoop likes them, just as well.

Comment

• Stir fried veg with cashews and rice noodles. The veg will be cabbage, spring onions, fennel, courgettes, peas and chestnut mushrooms.
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Decided on Parma ham and melon followed by pasta with queen scallops, baby tomatoes and creamed broccoli
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Things went very awry last night. So what I said yesterday!

Comment

• Corned beef pie this evening with kale, peas and gravy.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Bulgar tonight with assorted veg.
                              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Yesterday I needed NO inspiration. We went to my sister and her partner's house for tea.....and we had 3 amazing courses, including an amazing chicken curry and lemon posset which was so lemony and rich!!!
                                Tonight back down to earth. Lamb shank with roast parsnips, new potatoes, carrots, french beans and gravy. .......also ginger Caterpillar for pud.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X