Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday"™s left overs of the beef casserole with flash fried courgette, mushrooms and gnocchi.

Gooseberry and apple Charlotte and custard for pud.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Tonight a sort of prawn cocktail and hard boiled egg salad with Rose Marie sauce and a few chips.

Comment

• I"™m fancying veggie something tonight.
        Most likely carrot and courgette veggie spaghetti with a spicy tomato sauce

Comment

• Soup for now and then goodness knows for supper. I'm sure my stomach would appreciate more soup, to be honest. No more fat and sugar for a day or two...

Comment

• Lunch: brown lentil stew with veg and a bit of chorizo and black pudding.
            Supper: courgette and blue cheese soup.
            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 08-12-2020, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• ^^^ ha! We"™ve decided on sausage and lentil stew for this evening!

Comment

• Tonight will be pasta bake I put in the freezer a couple of weeks ago, garlic bread and a small salad.
                My husband is muttering about a rice pudding so I'll probably put one in the bottom of the oven.

Comment

• Whilst rummaging through the fridge I realised I had some beef mince which had to be used by today. Added an onion and cooked it off. Cooked off some spuds as well and made a mince and onion pie which we had with gravy and the remainder of the spuds, mashed.
                  Was going to make an apple crumble but couldn't be bothered with the crumble so just stewed them in the oven with brown sugar and cinnamon and had them with cream.

Stuffed now so chilling out in front of the log burner on this chilly night.
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Leftover lentils for brunch.

Fish and salad for main meal. Not sure what time though.

Made some ginger biscuits yesterday. They didn't last long... Might have to make some more and eke them out by putting them in the freezer.

Comment

• Tonight I think we'll have lamb shanks, mashed potato, carrots, french beans, mint jelly and gravy.
                      I've got some double cream to use up so maybe a small ginger caterpillar for pud.

Ginger caterpillar (or log) is just a very easy pud consisting of ginger biscuits, booze, whipped cream. Pour some booze (brandy, whisky, rum etc) into a shallow dish. Take a ginger biscuit. Dunk in booze, turning over. Take out before too soggy. Spread one side with whipped cream. Stand up. Repeat, sandwiching the biscuits together to make a caterpillar. Cover outside of it with cream. Decorate with whatever is handy.

Comment

• Funnily enough I defrosted a leg of lamb yesterday , so tonight was lamb steaks with green beans followed by pineapple and yoghurt

Comment

• Ginger caterpillar sounds utterly delish gf!!!!
                          pop some on the post will ya?

Comment

• Lunch today: doro and misir wat. Have defrosted the doro wat and the misir wat takes minutes to prepare. So I'm on easy street today.
                            Supper: courgette and blue cheese soup (the parsnip soup was the soup that kept on giving... just as well it was delicious).

Bread and a cake of some variety, possibly a lemon ring cake.

Comment

• Lamb steaks, jacket spuds and sprouts followed by clementines
                              Last edited by Nicos; 10-12-2020, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• Tonight chicken curry made with chicken thighs and naan.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X