• I'm glad you enjoyed seeing them.

Here's a couple more...

Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

Comment

• Originally posted by PyreneesPlot View Post
          Some of the beasties in the garden.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30039[/ATTACH]

Praying mantis female - she was being approached by the male who did the deed and escaped with his head! Yesterday we saw the first nymph, about the size of my little finger nail

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30040[/ATTACH]

Green lizard basking on my pretty cardboard mulch! This fellow is a little shorter than my forearm.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30041[/ATTACH]

Asp vipers. They look like really polished walnut, very beautiful and it is hard to resist touching, but they are venomous.
          Some great photos there PP, but not sure I'd like to roam amongst the Asps
          "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."-- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Pa Snips View Post
            I'm glad you enjoyed seeing them.

Here's a couple more...

Stunning photographs Pa, whether in a wildlife centre or not
            "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."-- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Warty Toad

Found lurking under a pile of wet weeds, pulled a couple of days ago but not cleared.
              Attached Files

Comment

• I love a toad. Ours all seem to have scary red eyes. And are ALL called Boris.
                Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Then mine shall all be called Boris too!

Comment

• My humble bumble bee

This was a massive bee in my garden i think they are great, but i do look silly taking hte photos as im a little scared it will sting me and keep jumping away hehehhehhe

Attached Files
                    HOMEGROWN ..... Has to be the BEST FLAVOR EVER....

Comment

• Aren't they busy?

I've never seen so many ladybirds and it lookd as if I'll have a few more.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Male Scathophaga stercoraria, golden dung fly, doing his bit to keep the pests down in the garden. Must have come in on the horse poo that's round my pear tree.
                        Attached Files
                        Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
                        By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
                        While better men than we go out and start their working lives
                        At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Me and Mrs Vince honeymooned in Australia and this was my fave photo. We spent the last few days in Oz in and around Cairns up in Queensland, and we'd gone on this rainforest excursion. We were promised mangrove swamps containing crocs, goanna, assorted birdlife etc. and sure enough saw the lot.

We stopped late afternoon at a clearing where a barbecue had been set up and the guide told us to amuse ourselves for a few mins while he got the food going. Me and Mrs Vince decided to use the kayaks available, so the pic attached shows us wading out to them....when we got a surprise visitor who fancied a drink!!

In case you don't know, it's a cassowary. There are only 2,000 or so of them left in one small pocket of rainforest in Queensland. The guide was scared stiff as they can be very aggressive and had never seen one before, nor had anyone we spoke to. We made sure we kept in touch with the couple that took the photo, and they sent it on to us.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Vince G; 17-06-2012, 11:16 PM.
                          Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

• Some sort of shield bug hatching on my gooseberry:

Attached Files
                            At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Excellent photo MBE

Comment

• Thanks - I am pleased with that one. I struggle to take photos of the little stuff.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X