Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chillies - what are you growing/overwintering?

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They all look too similar to tell just yet....though even when they fruit you might not be able to work it out either. Post a pic when they have fruited.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissC View Post

Slightly off topic... I got three 'mystery' plants at the allotment plant sale a few weeks ago. But have no idea what they are (other than that they are chillis/peppers) is there any way of identifying them or will I just have to wait and see what they produce? They're going great guns in the blowaway at the moment, some teeny tiny flower pods are forming.
      Miss C - my brother gave me some plants he's grown : he sowed both chillis and sweet peppers - when he went to pot them on, the pen he'd used to write on the marker had vanished!!!

So, pot-luck for me too ....! . It'll be interesting to find out what they are!! Lol
      ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
      a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Yesterday, I potted on what I think is a fine specimen of an Ancho, into its final(?) pot - 10litre size - hoping that's going to be big enough - as I don't have any bigger ones!!
        Attached Files
        - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• To give my chillies a bit more kick I play metal to them. Today is Enslaved and the Crawling. They'd better appreciate it.......

Attached Files

Comment

• I think your chillies are doing very well .must be the music

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
              I think your chillies are doing very well .must be the music
              My secret is out

Comment

• My mum use to give all her plants cold tea from the teapot..even the chille that sat on draining board.she use them in her curried brawn she use to make and sell..all plants grow really well..it was a long long time ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
                  To give my chillies a bit more kick I play metal to them. Today is Enslaved and the Crawling. They'd better appreciate it.......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64865[/ATTACH]
                  Bacchus, perhaps that's where I'm going wrong..! Maybe I'd get more vigorous growth by playing them a bit of AC/DC rather than Eva Cassidy .........!!!!!!!
                  - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Originally posted by SusieG View Post
                    Bacchus, perhaps that's where I'm going wrong..! Maybe I'd get more vigorous growth by playing them a bit of AC/DC rather than Eva Cassidy .........!!!!!!!
                    and don't forget the Cptn uses pond water ..you could do that too

Comment

and don't forget the Cptn uses pond water ..you could do that too
                      Ms-T ~~ you should see the state of my pond ~~ it's been neglected for many years and the water looks like thick, gloopy sludge ....... So don't think I'm going to be tempted to delve into that and feed it to my lovelies ......... they'd probably give a collective gasp and carc it!!
                      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Is it ok to put peppers on here?

These are my peppers this year, gypsy, Hamik and California wonder

Not 100% sure what im going to do with them will try and stuff them in the greenhouse somehow!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by maverick451; 31-05-2016, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by maverick451 View Post
                          Is it ok to put peppers on here?

Not 100% sure what im going to do with them will try and stuff them in the greenhouse somehow!
                          Maverick, think I'd prefer to be in my kitchen to stuff 'em rather than the GH - not as much compost lying around in there .....!!!

They're looking good, forgot to say!
                          Last edited by SusieG; 31-05-2016, 03:16 PM.
                          - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Originally posted by maverick451 View Post
                            Is it ok to put peppers on here?

These are my peppers this year, gypsy, Hamik and California wonder

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64867[/ATTACH]

they are looking good ...is the Hamik a f1 do you know ,I like the look of them.

Comment

they are looking good ...is the Hamik a f1 do you know ,I like the look of them.
                              I dont know, I got them from here, it doesnt say about f1

Sweet Pepper var. Hamik

Very helpful people, early on I had trouble with them looking very sickly and they gave me the advice of mixing in chicken manure pellets in and since then they have really picked up

Comment

• They look great Mav - really good colour. A few of mine have been potted on with some chicken manure pellets into some big pots. They don't look too bad but I think some nights have been a little cold as some plants the top leaves look a little droopy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X