Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chillies - what are you growing/overwintering?

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
    I would say at least a third of my plants now have fruit forming on them
    Me jealous?...Nah!

Well maybe just a little bit

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Next year you won't get those out of the house Susie I had one that filled my bay window and hit the ceiling. It had to be cut back to get it out through the door so that I could get my Christmas tree in
      You should've left it where it was, Scarlet and decorated that instead of a xmas tree!!!!
      Interesting chilli pepper baubles ....!
      ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
      a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
        These are my biggest cayenne and prairie fire!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64911[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64912[/ATTACH]
        Look like they're doing just fine, Jay.
        ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
        a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
        - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Oh thanks Susie for the reassurance!
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
            Purple Jalapeno puts in an appearance
            Really liking them Purple Jalapeno they look fantastic ,I need these in my life...where did you get the seeds from please.

Comment

• Jay and Susie just wait till we get more sun and heat they will romp away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
                Really liking them Purple Jalapeno they look fantastic ,I need these in my life...where did you get the seeds from please.
                With fingers crossed Trip will be saving some of these for our chilli seed circle

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
                  Commonly available I believe..If I have some spare I can send you some BUT...see below if you in Chilli Seed Circle

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  With fingers crossed Trip will be saving some of these for our chilli seed circle
                  No need for crossed fingers Scarlet, stick me down for these as my saved one please
                  I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                  sigpic

Comment

• My wife bought me this at a local garden centre today, Dwarf Pepper, hope tis pic works.

Attached Files

Comment

• Ohnivec chilli
                      Attached Files
                      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hi all new to forum first year growing some veg etc in the garden and loving it so far.

I picked up some chillie plants from one of the big sheds a few weeks ago,put them in bigger pots(about 12-15cm) and put them In the plastic greenhouses (bought for me by my lovely wife)

Couple of questions if I may as I find out of the things I am growing it's my chillies I am most obsessed with

Should I be thinking of putting them in bigger pots and if so what size also do you think they are doing OK and am I likely to get any chillies from them

Jalapeno.jpg (106.5 KB)
                        Habanero.jpg (107.1 KB)
                        Thai dragon.jpg (107.0 KB)
                        Scotch bonnet.jpg (107.9 KB)

And is it worth me saving seeds from them if I am sucsessful or are they likely to be f1 variety

Cheers in advance
                        worm 74
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Chili and Rabbits

Chili progress, some nice weather has done wonders Chili and rabbits - Album on Imgur

Comment

• Originally posted by worm74 View Post
                            Hi all new to forum first year growing some veg etc in the garden and loving it so far.

I picked up some chillie plants from one of the big sheds a few weeks ago,put them in bigger pots(about 12-15cm) and put them In the plastic greenhouses (bought for me by my lovely wife)

Couple of questions if I may as I find out of the things I am growing it's my chillies I am most obsessed with

Should I be thinking of putting them in bigger pots and if so what size also do you think they are doing OK and am I likely to get any chillies from them

Jalapeno.jpg (106.5 KB)
                            Habanero.jpg (107.1 KB)
                            Thai dragon.jpg (107.0 KB)
                            Scotch bonnet.jpg (107.9 KB)

And is it worth me saving seeds from them if I am sucsessful or are they likely to be f1 variety

Cheers in advance
                            worm 74
                            Thai dragon maybe F1 but all others will be ok if they don't get cross pollinated.

Edit: Pot them up when the roots fill the pots.
                            Last edited by Hubbard; 05-06-2016, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by worm74 View Post

worm 74
                              Originally posted by Hubbard View Post
                              Thai dragon maybe F1 but all others will be ok if they don't get cross pollinated
                              As Hubbard has said re saving seeds...if you want to save from the Jalepeno, hab and scotch bonnet see post #762 of this thread on how to avoid cross pollinating. Though the scotch bonnet and hab are very slow growing you may Only have a few chillies this year and will have to overwinter them....next year you'll be in for a treat. Both the hab and scotch bonnet are great plants to overwinter.

Hubbard, love the bunny

Comment

• Any ideas what these are on the underside of my guindilla plant?

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X