Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chillies - what are you growing/overwintering?

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here are my babies growing, need to handle with care - literally.

The smaller ones in the green pots are the carolina reapers (2.1mil scoville), the tall one is my peruvian lemon drop that's a mild one at 500,000 scoville.

Can't wait for the flowers to appear, feeding them with charge from now on.
    Attached Files
    The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck ...

... is the day they make vacuum cleaners

Comment

• Your babies are looking wonderful ,Muddy boots

Comment

• I now have lots of chillies out including a Purple Jalapeno Must post a pic later..looks cool
        I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
        sigpic

Comment

• My Black Nagas are turning colour
          Attached Files

Comment

• Wow.Very nice Scarlet..

Comment

• Thank you Ms T, I now need to get my backside into gear and get myself some little bags for bagging flowers.
              How's your vision, getting better?

Comment

• The vision is getting a little better each day ,but the pain is not ,seeing dr on Friday..
                How big is the plant.?
                One of my Aci Sivrl is over 2 ft tall.

Comment

• A bit leggy as they aren't getting enough light in my dining room but Ive been too worried to put these ones outside. I really wanted to gets a crop off these - I'll put them out as soon as its a bit warmer. Two black Nagas and one scorpian butch.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• lol make mine look like babies

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      A bit leggy as they aren't getting enough light in my dining room but Ive been too worried to put these ones outside. I really wanted to gets a crop off these - I'll put them out as soon as its a bit warmer. Two black Nagas and one scorpian butch.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]64893[/ATTACH]
                      Wow Scarlet - they're HUGE!!
                      When you say "I'll put them out" - do you mean into GH or proper outside ....?
                      ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                      a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Scarlet, soz to be a bit of a thicko, but 'bagging flowers' ..?
                        Do you mind explaining this to me?
                        - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• The flowers needto be isolated so that we can save seed that hasn't crossed with any other pepper/chilli.
                          You can use those little wedding favour bags, old tights, cover the whole plant in enviromesh.
                          Good instructions here:
                          DIY Pepper Seed Saving Instructions from The Real Seed Catalogue

Comment

• Originally posted by SusieG View Post
                            Wow Scarlet - they're HUGE!!
                            When you say "I'll put them out" - do you mean into GH or proper outside ....?
                            Not outside!! there's no way I would chance that! They will go in my green house.

Comment

• Originally posted by Muddy_Boots View Post
                              Here are my babies growing, need to handle with care - literally.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64881[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]64882[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]64883[/ATTACH]

The smaller ones in the green pots are the carolina reapers (2.1mil scoville), the tall one is my peruvian lemon drop that's a mild one at 500,000 scoville.
                              And here's me thinking I was being brave with my hottest being 1 mil scoville.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                The flowers needto be isolated so that we can save seed that hasn't crossed with any other pepper/chilli.
                                You can use those little wedding favour bags, old tights, cover the whole plant in enviromesh.
                                Good instructions here:
                                DIY Pepper Seed Saving Instructions from The Real Seed Catalogue
                                Scarlet, that's an amazing website - and user friendly too! . I'd no idea about how to do that with the bag etc ..... How do you know if the flower is going to open the next day though, or does it not matter if you bag it a day or two too soon ?

And as for your babies going outside - I really rather thought that you meant the GH ..!!
                                - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X