Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chillies - what are you growing/overwintering?

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ladyslip View Post
    I have used them for veggie seeds no issues but never chilli seeds......I have used a 'reputable'. U.K. Chilli person and been bitterly disappointed.......Premier seeds seem to be very well accepted as being a decent quality no frills supplier......
    I don't have spare seeds for satans kiss but I am growing one plant......it was a very late starter and is only small but is starting to show flowers developing......ill try and either isolate for seeds or send a pod or two if it does produce if that helps :-)
    Brilliant

Thanks.

Comment

• Quick Q for you experts. When your plants are growing do you remove the leaves and side shoots from the bottom of the plant?

Ive had some with side shoots comming from the bottom and be nearly as tall as the main stem it must be restricting growth n fruiting.

Comment

• Photos would help rob.
        But personally I wouldn't take off side shoots. A professional will be along with real advice soon.

Comment

• Agree with SP, a photo would help but side shoots will carry fruit, so I wouldn't take them off either. Some plants do grow like a "bush".
          Attached Files

Comment

• Some I do, some I don't.

Comment

• I don't in most cases....let them at it is my attitude!!
              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
              sigpic

Comment

• Well a tad late I suppose, I removed them. I know some grow bushy, but normally my nagas etc are one stem that grows about a foot then splits off. I remove the lower leaves on those just to aid watering. but some of these this time were sending out side shoots too. ill leave the rest now, but thought removing big side shoots (and I mean right from the bottom of the main stem) would aid in the growth/flowering/fruiting of the main stem.

Comment

• what nagas you growing rob?
                  this is Trevor one of my dorset nagas. He is definitely bushy from the bottom.

Attached Files

Comment

• I'm very pleased with my chillis this year considering what rubbish weather we've had. my tunnel is a bit like a jungle. Don't know where one chilli ends and another begins

Attached Files

Comment

• Wow! I'm speechless...they look so good.

Comment

• Hello!

Returned from a last minute long weekend away and to my suprise, despite 20-25c every day, apart from a little droopage..no casualties!!

Attached Files
                        <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

• ooh what's the first pic? they look interesting!

Comment

• Originally posted by cptncrackoff View Post
                            Hello!

Returned from a last minute long weekend away and to my suprise, despite 20-25c every day, apart from a little droopage..no casualties!!
                            Wow. Awesome Cptn .... Just shows, a little neglect can do them good ..........

What types are they.........? The creamy round ones in pic 1 are unusual ......
                            Last edited by Scarlet; 09-08-2016, 07:22 PM. Reason: Fixing quote x
                            ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                            a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                            - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Looking good Captain! I need to get my camera out again!

Comment

• Thanks everyone!
                                The first pic is pretty in purple, they're changing from purple to yellow.. a lovely colour at the moment, then they'll head to red!
                                <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X