Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chillies - what are you growing/overwintering?

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys. Just a quick question I bought some apache chilli plants from aldi and the have done great and are producing loads of chillies. Now for some reason the leaves are starting to go brown. I have been feeding them with tomorite. Do I need to do anything else.
    Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

• Full strength? It may be a bit strong, flush out the plant this week with water only. Then feed a half strength Tom feed the following week?

Have you got any photos?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bal View Post
        Hi guys. Just a quick question I bought some apache chilli plants from aldi and the have done great and are producing loads of chillies. Now for some reason the leaves are starting to go brown. I have been feeding them with tomorite. Do I need to do anything else.
        Firstly Chillies don't like wet feet .....are the leave dropping at all.....is it more the older leaves or all over the plant? It could just be the plant has exhausted the older leaves and is dropping them .....long as there are no other disease symptoms you should be ok

Comment

• Must post some more pics...Probably my best year for chillies for a long time..Already have 12 jars pickled and some ready to make sauce from...
          Couple of greenhouse pics and some picked
          Attached Files
          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
          sigpic

Comment

• I'm very jealous Trip!
            Last edited by Scarlet; 05-08-2016, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• Me too....

Comment

• I've mentioned this before so I do apologise but my numex twilight keeps dropping its flowers.

The flowers come out but then they ALL die and fall off. Why? Help please!

Here's a couple more pics without the flash. Not sure if the pics help at all...
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Scoot; 06-08-2016, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

• We need more info to answer your question!

Are you keeping it on its own indoors? Maybe put it in your GH during the day

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Full strength? It may be a bit strong, flush out the plant this week with water only. Then feed a half strength Tom feed the following week?

Have you got any photos?
                      Thanks for that. Have been away but will put some up tomorrow
                      Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        We need more info to answer your question!

Are you keeping it on its own indoors? Maybe put it in your GH during the day
                        Its on my west facing window sill. Its with a couple of pepper plants. Would moving it to the greenhouse help?I

Comment

• Made my first batch of hot chilli sauce yesterday. Mostly habaneros white & orange, a few hot fajita. recipe says use 10-40 chilli's, I used 70+ ( most of my white habaneros were smaller than my little finger nail) It's a warm one

Today I will be making a plum chilli sauce.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                            Made my first batch of hot chilli sauce yesterday. Mostly habaneros white & orange, a few hot fajita. recipe says use 10-40 chilli's, I used 70+ ( most of my white habaneros were smaller than my little finger nail) It's a warm one

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67594[/ATTACH]

Today I will be making a plum chilli sauce.
                            Care to share your recipes SP

Comment

• Here you go
                              Homemade Hot Sauce | Homemade Hot Chili Sauce Recipes
                              You have to scroll down the page a long way to find the recipe.
                              They have lots of recipes I intend to try making a few of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scoot View Post
                                Its on my west facing window sill. Its with a couple of pepper plants. Would moving it to the greenhouse help?I
                                It won't harm it anyways and the extra heat will help...have you been doing the paint brush trick or giving the plant a gentle shake regularly?
                                Looks quite healthy to me, so I would imagine it will fruit soon and in multiples...
                                I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X