Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chillies - what are you growing/overwintering?

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all you lovely chilli heads- a quick question :

My 4 Pretty Purple plants kept in GH, were looking very distressed after the sunny/hot conditions of the last few days...
    I put them outside on a tray - sprayed them with Epsom salts, watered a little from below .....

I'm away for a week on Saturday - do I leave them outdoors or pop 'em back inside GH - my neighbour is calling every day to water toms etc in the GH ....... so, what do you reckon .....?
    ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
    a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
    - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Inside the GH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
        OK you got my interest. I'd like to know how many chilli's I have now.
        So just gone through all my notes and I have..................

34 varieties
        46 plants

Hi I'm SP and I have a chilli addiction

I really didn't think I had that many
        I've probably got nearly that many, although I don't know the exact numbers for sure

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris11 View Post
          I've probably got nearly that many, although I don't know the exact numbers for sure
          Pleased it's not just me that's nuts

Come on everybody else fess up, you can't just leave it to me and Chris
          Scarlet we know you've recently got more chilli's. Ladyslip you turned up with a list of varieties as long as your arm, Ms T I think you're just trying to hide your addiction
          Cptcrackoff, susieG don't think you're getting away with not sharing and all of you chilli growing nutters. We ( well I ) want number of varieties, number of plants.
          I know I'm not the only one who's got carried away..................I'm not am I ??????

It will make me feel better, maybe a little less ashamed of my lack of will power!

Comment

• Hahaha SP!!!!!!!!!!!
            This year only 4 varieties ~ (not got time to go do a head count as running late for work - again...!!!!!) but off the top of my head I think there's approx 16 plants ........
            I'll do a proper count later ...........
            - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• The first half a dozen flowers on my numex twilight came out the other day and then today they have all fallen off.

Any ideas as to why this happens?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scoot View Post
                The first half a dozen flowers on my numex twilight came out the other day and then today they have all fallen off.

Any ideas as to why this happens?
                That's very common, keep your cool! when the next lot start, hand pollinate with a paint brush yo give them a helping hand. Just move the pollen around from one flower to the other.

Comment

• I have got quite a few plants but I have also given lots away. I haven't counted...

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                    Pleased it's not just me that's nuts

Come on everybody else fess up, you can't just leave it to me and Chris
                    Scarlet we know you've recently got more chilli's. Ladyslip you turned up with a list of varieties as long as your arm, Ms T I think you're just trying to hide your addiction
                    Cptcrackoff, susieG don't think you're getting away with not sharing and all of you chilli growing nutters. We ( well I ) want number of varieties, number of plants.
                    I know I'm not the only one who's got carried away..................I'm not am I ??????

It will make me feel better, maybe a little less ashamed of my lack of will power!
                    erm no not just you ive about 180 plants growing.......

in one GH 25 plants - Peter Pepper, Komodo Dragon, Ghost Naga, Curry chilli
                    in other GH about 25 again - Carolina Reaper, Viper, Summer of Fire, Naga Morich, Numex Bailey Perijin (something like that) Lemon Something

In Conservatory 48 - Carolina reaper, Ghost Naga, White Bhuta Jolokia, Trinidad Dougla, Viper, std Naga, Curry Chillies, Apache, Trinidad Scorpion, Summer of Fire, red habanero.. im sure there are a couple more I there ive missed.

Poly Tunnel about 95 plants all a mix of the about types. oddly the one in polytunnel are not doing as well as the ones at home. very short...
                    Last edited by rob_talisman; 22-07-2016, 10:53 AM. Reason: missed a chilli

Comment

• Rob.......
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by SusieG View Post
                        Hahaha SP!!!!!!!!!!!
                        This year only 4 varieties ~ (not got time to go do a head count as running late for work - again...!!!!!) but off the top of my head I think there's approx 16 plants ........
                        I'll do a proper count later ...........

Just done a head-count: ......... 24 .........
                        - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                          Rob.......

not enough?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Inside the GH.
                            Thanks Scarlet ~ I'll go with your recommendation and pop them just inside the doorway of GH, so hopefully not too hot and not too cold .........!!!!!!!!

They do cause some concern these chillis - just don't want to have nurtured them all this time - just to find that my weeks absence finishes them off.......!!!!!!
                            - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Pics!

Ok, here we are.

Cheyenne, Apaches and the Aji Lemon I think?

Lemme know your thoughts please.

Attached Files

Comment

• Lovely looking specimens you've got there NewShoots .................

I particularly like the one in picture 4 - what an unusual chilli pepper you've got growing there.............
                                - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X