Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chillies - what are you growing/overwintering?

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
    It won't harm it anyways and the extra heat will help...have you been doing the paint brush trick or giving the plant a gentle shake regularly?
    Looks quite healthy to me, so I would imagine it will fruit soon and in multiples...
    I was using a cotton bud stick thingy at first and then started to just shake the plant every day a couple of times.

I'll try it in the blow away now.

Comment

• Fire Cracker doing well

and a tiny X on its way ,I hope.

and lots of flowers

Attached Files

Comment

• My Pretty Purple - fruits still small but getting bigger ......

And

Twilight, also doing well ......
        Attached Files
        ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
        a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
        - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Anyone know if premier seeds direct are any good for chilli seeds?

HOT ITALIAN CHILLI PEPPER - SATANS KISS - 100 SEEDS | eBay

Comment

• Ive never bought from them...but I don't like to chance it sometimes they come from China. I would try a decent chilli seed supplier. Why don't you bag some unopened buds on your chillies and join our chilli seed swap go on.....
            Last edited by Scarlet; 07-08-2016, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Ive never bought from them...but I don't like to chance it sometimes they come from China. I would try a decent chilli seed supplier. Why don't you bag some unopened buds on your chillies and join our chilli seed swap go on.....
              I would do if my chilli flowers on the one plant i have would stop falling off. How exacly does the chilli seed circle work. I've had a read about it but find it a little confusing. Do i send some seeds in and once ive done that can ask for other chilli seeds?

Comment

• I don't eat chillies but somehow I have 10 plants and 2 sweet peppers

Some came with those £1.99 plant offers and 3 unnamed ones were freebies from H0mebase.

This one "Loco" was so pretty I bought it for a £1!! Last of the big suspenders, me

Attached Files
                Last edited by veggiechicken; 07-08-2016, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  I don't eat chillies but somehow I have 10 plants and 2 sweet peppers

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67660[/ATTACH]

Some came with those £1.99 plant offers and 3 unnamed ones were freebies from H0mebase.

This one "Loco" was so pretty I bought it for a £1!! Last of the big senders, me

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67661[/ATTACH]
                  Wotcha going to do with all those chillis VC...??
                  ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                  a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                  - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• It's early days yet for some of the chillies toset fruit...we didn't have a great Spring! Get the cotton wool bud ot, move it around or out into your GH to get some pollination going.

1. As for the seed circle"...save 1 variety of chilli seed.

(Make sure you bag your flowers or just keep one variety inthe GH/ bedroom windowsill. Try hard not to get any crosses...I'm growing a Facing heaven at the moment unfortunately whoever saved them didn't make sure the seed was pure. It's really disappointing to grow something for 6 months to find out its a rogue! )
                    2. Save enough seed to bag up 12 bags x 6 seeds. ( Total seed required approx 72)
                    3. Send the 12 bags to me with a SAE for the return seeds.

The number depend on how many grapes are still in the circle by October/November. If there's 12 grapes, you need 72seeds, if there are 15grapes you will need 90 seeds.
                    In return you wil recieve a pack of seeds from each grape in the chilli circle.... I'm hoping at least 12 of us can manage to save at least one variety. That's 12 chilli varietes!
                    Last edited by Scarlet; 07-08-2016, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SusieG View Post
                      Wotcha going to do with all those chillis VC...??
                      Save seed?

They are fab VC!

Comment

• Loco is an F1. The others are Apache F1 and a Red Habanero and 3 unknowns.
                        I don't think there's anything savable there.
                        Susie, I have no idea what 'm going to do with the chillies - they scare me - and they're all fruiting

Comment

• VC make chilli jam! Its delicious and doesnt have to be very spicy

Comment

It's early days yet for some of the chillies toset fruit...we didn't have a great Spring! Get the cotton wool bud ot, move it around or out into your GH to get some pollination going.

1. As for the seed circle"...save 1 variety of chilli seed.

(Make sure you bag your flowers or just keep one variety inthe GH/ bedroom windowsill. Try hard not to get any crosses...I'm growing a Facing heaven at the moment unfortunately whoever saved them didn't make sure the seed was pure. It's really disappointing to grow something for 6 months to find out its a rogue! )
                            2. Save enough seed to bag up 12 bags x 6 seeds. ( Total seed required approx 72)
                            3. Send the 12 bags to me with a SAE for the return seeds.

The number depend on how many grapes are still in the circle by October/November. If there's 12 grapes, you need 72seeds, if there are 15grapes you will need 90 seeds.
                            In return you wil recieve a pack of seeds from each grape in the chilli circle.... I'm hoping at least 12 of us can manage to save at least one variety. That's 12 chilli varietes!
                            I see. Well if my numex twilight ever decides to stop just dropping all it's flowers, I'll bag a few flowers have try and save the seeds. I'm not promising anything mind due to me not getting past the flower stage yet.

Comment

Ive never bought from them...but I don't like to chance it sometimes they come from China. I would try a decent chilli seed supplier. Why don't you bag some unopened buds on your chillies and join our chilli seed swap go on.....
                              Temptress
                              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scoot View Post
                                Anyone know if premier seeds direct are any good for chilli seeds?l]

I have used them for veggie seeds no issues but never chilli seeds......I have used a 'reputable'. U.K. Chilli person and been bitterly disappointed.......Premier seeds seem to be very well accepted as being a decent quality no frills supplier......
                                I don't have spare seeds for satans kiss but I am growing one plant......it was a very late starter and is only small but is starting to show flowers developing......ill try and either isolate for seeds or send a pod or two if it does produce if that helps :-)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X