Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not much to report really, as the season was off to a slow start but things begining to show now

The empty bed just visible behind the currents is waiting for the sweet corn
    Attached Files

Comment

• GL..........That photo has made my mind up..............stick with what you've got. It's too nice to give up.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Thank you BM

Comment

• Finally managed to get my phone to let me take photo's.
          Plot's finally starting to look a bit tidier

Overwintering Onions now weeded, although there's still one or two weeds I daren't move cos they're too close to Onions

Tromboncino Squashes planted in a big tub next to one of the sheds
          Attached Files
          What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
          Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• Comin' along nicely Jon.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• Here is May photos

I've got things in my beds. It's starting to look like a veggie garden.

The fruit bushes are loaded this year

Seven came for a look round the garden, he's the black thing between the tunnels. You can't tell because of the crap tiny photos. ( grass needs mowing)

Just another view of the garden but I've got suff growing. I'm excited
              Attached Files

Comment

• Part two of May photos

Hardening off benches, rhubarb tyre and salad bar

The salad bar. Still needs filling but it's got to be staggered. Don't want it all ready at the sane time.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Top end finally starting to grow with a bit of vigour

Attached Files

Comment

• Brassicas (swedes, Brussels and cabbage) all coming along nicely. My potatoes too.

And as for this, it was meant to be purple sprouting broccoli but it isn't. Is it a cabbage? It came out the broccoli packet as I planted it alongside my broccoli plants which I have just pulled out.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Scoot View Post
                      Brassicas (swedes, Brussels and cabbage) all coming along nicely. My potatoes too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64561[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]64562[/ATTACH]

And as for this, it was meant to be purple sprouting broccoli but it isn't. Is it a cabbage? It came out the broccoli packet as I planted it alongside my broccoli plants which I have just pulled out.
                      It could be a PSB that's just being a bit lazy about flowering, or it could be something completely different. The leaves do look like broccoli. Are you going to leave it to find out?
                      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Originally posted by Penellype View Post
                        It could be a PSB that's just being a bit lazy about flowering, or it could be something completely different. The leaves do look like broccoli. Are you going to leave it to find out?
                        It's where my leeks are to go, but I will be leaving it yeah! I will just plant the leeks near to it!

Comment

• June

It always amazes me how much greener and brighter everything looks at this time of year, even on a cold, dull morning!

Near the hotbin

A slightly different angle as the fern was obscuring most of the picture from the original angle. Sarpo potatoes are waiting for the broccoli to finish before being moved to their final position. Dregs of leeks will be eaten very soon. The cloches are covering tomatoes which are hardening off and will be planted along the fence line.

Near the apple tree

The Lady C potatoes have grown a bit and one bucket has been moved as it was too tall for the shelf. Plants on the shelf are fuchsia berry and osteospermums which will join the geraniums on the fence when things warm up, plus a couple of random lettuces. The growhouse covers will protect the Sungold tomatoes which are currently hardening off in the glass growhouse. The strawberries have been moved to the fruit cage area to make room for the bedding plants.

From under the archway

Meteor peas in the foreground almost ready to eat. spinach in front of the veggiemesh cage which contains 4 pots of carrots, parsnips, cabbages and calabrese. Mizuna and pak choi in the chiligrow have bolted and will soon be replaced by french beans. Growhouse contains tomatoes, courgettes and beans hardening off. Strawberries in the fruit cage, potatoes on the raised beds and turnips and more spinach under nets in front. So far the gooseberry is showing no signs of sawfly damage - fingers crossed that the net is doing its job.

The dark area behind the fruit cage

More strawberries, more potatoes and the old brokali plant that has (probably) finished. The net on the left protects the very early carrot sowings and some salads and will come off when the fruit cage netting goes up, currently waiting for strawberries and blueberries to finish flowering first.

The veg garden

Peas, onions and potatoes have grown a bit!
                          Attached Files
                          A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Looking good Pene.

Comment

• I'm a bit grumpy about progress so far, nothing a day alone on the plot won't cure, but when's that likely to happen? !? Pah.

Still in a state of change from 4 beds to 5 plus a fruit border.

The usual view across the plot...

Bed 1, looking through the runner bean wigwam towards where the brassica tunnel will be.

Bed 2, a work in progress, with squashes etc at the far end, some peas and then a frame for some french beans popping their heads up at home.
                              Last edited by 1Bee; 01-06-2016, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• Sorry, I've tried 4 times over 2 days to post pics but multiple crashes. I've tried to delete the post twice, but not sure what's happening. Run out of time to fix.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X