This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Calendar

Since moving in to our teeny weeny garden in mid November I just wanted to tell the world (well forum) how pleased I am of all the work my OH has done.

It's not finished as the plants refuse to grow as quick as I would like them too but.....

End of November

Mid Feb

And today

Attached Files
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• There are parts of the garden that the pics don't show.

From where I stood - to my right is a rose arch that has black pea netting on it to support the beautiful honeysuckle that the council had hacked down to 12in. It's growing a treat and will give us some privacy when it has filled in the arch because our table and chairs are behind it.

I have planted some fast growing clematis on both sides of the arch as well. To help with the privacy problems we have bamboo along the fence next to the table to screen next door, a mixtyre of buddleia and dog woods down the right hand fence going towards the gate. They will all provide some necessary screening.

We are going to leave the hedge at the bottom to grow back to the height (about 5 ish foot) it was before the council did their thing on it.

To my left is an area of about 6x10 ft where there is another raised bed, water butt and 5 huge tubs with Charlottes in (against an internal radiator).

The 4 little tree are a mixture of apple and pear whilst the square pots on the left are 3 raspberries (dwarf) and 3 blueberries. My strawb planter IS going to have a dwarf blackberry shoved in the top of it when it turns up from T&M.

I wanted to give the description hoping that anyone who thinks that their garden is too small to grow edibles in can see that small spaces can be just as productive as large ones.

All my MFB's are ready and waiting for the rest of the plants when it warms up and the gravel and slabs either side of the raised beds give us the space for them.

Attached Files
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Looking great Lumpy
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Oooh found this thread now . So impressive everyone ! You've all worked so hard, it's great to see the changes you make with pics. Good idea.
          Northern England.

Comment

• I have been looking to see if you have a thread for last yr, or allotments pics. I havnt found them yet. So many threads.
            Northern England.

Comment

• ^^^Here you go http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...dar_83084.html

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...dar_76464.html
              Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 24-04-2016, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                I have been looking to see if you have a thread for last yr, or allotments pics. I havnt found them yet. So many threads.
                Usually, the first post of an Annual thread will have links to previous years - http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1406409

Comment

• Awww I've just gone through all the threads, found them , looked through them all...and the links are here.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• April in my Garden
                    Took these photos this morning. There's a few more pots in the house too,but they're tiny seedlings & sweet peppers. The blow-aways contain tomatoes,french marigolds,onion sets,broccoli,geraniums,petunias all grown from seed except the onion sets. In the fourth picture are the brussels sprouts sowed in Sept/Oct & more sprouts under the other net cage too,there's a black plastic pot on the netting,everyday when i pick it up there's a couple of slugs under there,its quite handy. In the raised bed are a few elephant garlic,onions & last years leeks that are now thicker than a pencil!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• A day early. Still not overly exiting but things are coming to life and progress is being made

Entering the patch

Looking back at the first half

Looking at second half

Looking back from the bottom of the patch and trying to escape the gnomes

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                        A day early. Still not overly exiting but things are coming to life and progress is being made
                        I feel the same but am sure we are not on our own:

The Pond is trying to put a brave face on:

The plot is still looking rather bare even though 60% of the squares are occupied:

Again the Munty House looks empty even though it does have some plants in it:

The Raspberry patch is the only thing that gives me hope Spring is on it's way:

Attached Files
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Here is my April veggie garden

From the entrance gate

My hardening off bench, some of it covered tonight as it's going to be another cold one

Look look.....I've got things planted in one of my beds ( red & white onions)

My herb bed and next to little green house thing and another bed with my shallots in

View back to the entrance gate
                          Attached Files

Comment

• All looking a bit of a mess, but we're getting there. There are 5 beds emerging. The furthest has the early potatoes in, and the next one along will have the main crop when I've finished finger-sifting through it for weed roots, rusty nails and broken glass.

The PSB is hanging around at the end of the tattie bed and what will be the leek bed and it's currently cropping. The Kale that you can see bolting (I'm leaving it for the early insects) is half in the leek bed and half in the squash bed, and the nearest bed will have a bean teepee and the Brassicas.

There's also some strawberries and will be some raspberries beyond the early potato bed.

Phew.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• And no, I don't know why they're upside down!

Comment

• Do you have any photo editing software 1Bee - like Picture Manager? Then you can flip them up the right way!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X