No announcement yet.

Parsnip Tape!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I acquired some mixed carrot and radish tape - sown last year. The radish were picked before the carrots made much growth. In fact, they're still growing in a trough in the GH

Comment

Update

Thought I'd just put a quick update, don't know if anyone else tried it. Very pleased with the outcome considering I normally don't have any luck. I've kept a bit of tape aside for filling the gaps.

Attached Files
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Update 30.6.14

Just thought I'd post a quick update, doing well:

Attached Files
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

GYO's very own Egg Head....be putting Prof in front of your name soon....you do realise BM that genious is very close to insanity.....
          Last edited by Greenleaves; 30-06-2014, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Who you calling insane?..........................Egg head indeed.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
              Who you calling insane?..........................Egg head indeed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46975[/ATTACH]
              Forgot that was me when I bashed me bonce!

Comment

On a serious note....yep can do that too

How many seeds did you stick per station? and at what depth did you lay the tape?

Comment

I usually pre-chit my parsnips on kitchen paper, dampened and shoved in the airing cupboard till the seeds wake up and sprout. This year the roots had threaded through the kitchen paper so I pulled the paper apart in little clumps and planted these - the rows are much more successful than the direct sown rows with radishes as markers.
                  Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                    On a serious note....yep can do that too

How many seeds did you stick per station? and at what depth did you lay the tape?
                    I glued 1 seed onto the tape every 3" & laid tape 1/4" deep.

Comment

I've tried kitchen paper numerous times Jeanied & every time it's failed.

Comment

This is a great thread. never even herd of seed tape before. Thanks for the instruction photos. Unfortunately, will have to wait too try it out, have a serious hold up on the veggie bed front

Much as I love OH's nephew he has been so slow. Already taken twice as long as expected and is still only half way I wouldn't mind so much if it was due to the weather, but if you don't start work till about 11.00 am you won't get much done in a day.
                        Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                          I glued 1 seed onto the tape every 3" & laid tape 1/4" deep.
                          Thanks BM, one for the memory bank

Comment

Originally posted by Bal View Post
                            This is a great thread. never even herd of seed tape before. Thanks for the instruction photos. Unfortunately, will have to wait too try it out, have a serious hold up on the veggie bed front

Much as I love OH's nephew he has been so slow. Already taken twice as long as expected and is still only half way I wouldn't mind so much if it was due to the weather, but if you don't start work till about 11.00 am you won't get much done in a day.
                            Gives you plenty of time to make some tape Bal............

Comment

Parsnip Tape Mark II

Here we go again.........oh no I hear you say!

After the resounding success of this years Parsnip Tape experiment...........

I thought there must be an easier way of doing this so................I came across a roll of 1" masking tape, yes you've guessed it................it is now 1/2" Parsnip Tape Mark II.
                              Obviously my concerns are the resin on the tape so before I go into full production mode, I've made a small beetroot tape and will see if they germinate............watch this space as they say........

Comment

First 2 years, parsnips were a great success - last 3 years, total disaster.

I can't wait to try this method next year - thanks.
                                .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X